Orphanage

An hour... I had one hour to spend and do something.

I could speak to the hero and ask him a little more questions...

Wouldn't I bother him?

Maybe but he also told me last time that I wasn't a bother. It's his job naturally he will say it and deny the fact.

But what if he has classes?

There is only one way to find out and I am also pretty used by people yelling at me.

I need to thank him for letting me stay at least!

I dialed the number of the hero and waited for him to answer.

Eraserhead: Hello?

Me: Hello, Sir.

Eraserhead: Midoriya?!

Me: Yeah. I hope I am not bothering you.

Eraserhead: No kid.

Me: I wanted to thank you for letting me stay the night.

Eraserhead: Mic already told me that you just left in a hurry this morning. Is there a reason for it?

Me: Not really. I just didn't want to be late for school.

Eraserhead: I see.

Me: yeah.

Eraserhead:...

Me: ....

Eraserhead: How was school?

Me: Is this an attempt of small talk?

Eraserhead: Is something wrong with my question? You evaded it immediately.

Me: .... No?

Eraserhead: That's a question kid. Did something happen?

Me: *sigh* Nothing out of the ordinary *cough*

Speaking to the hero was aggravating my lung and I started to cough up blood.

Me (whispering): Shit! *cough**cough**cough*

Erasherhead: Kid?

Me: Hmm~?

Eraserhead: Are you ok? That doesn't sound good.

Me: I'm fine.

Eraserhead: Don't lie to me Midoriya!

Me: I have a question Sir?

Eraserhead: *Sigh* stop changing the topic. But go on... Ask what you want.

Me: I was wondering what the fastest way of killing oneself would be?

Eraserhad: You seriously asking a pro-hero how to kill yourself?

Me: Now that you are saying it... It sounds like a dumb idea!

Eraserhead: It is! Don't you even think about it!

Me: ...fine...

Eraserhead: I know you don't want to listen to me no matter what I say so I want you to call me at least once a day.

Me: Sure, I only need to do this until you give up on me.

Eraserhead: Did you seriously just say that?

Me: Why? It's the truth! Sooner or later you will get bored of me. That was always the case and nothing changes it.

Eraserhead: Listen Mido-

Me: Oh sorry for interrupting but I need to go! Bye!

With that I hang up.

Half an hour later and my grandmother came, driving her car and parking it right beside the pavement.

Grandmother: Get in mutt!

I obeyed and did what she said. She then drove me across the city to a run down building.

Grandmother: Get out!

Obeying again I got out of the car with all my belongings.

Grandmother: Get inside and give them this.

She handed me a letter and drove off without any other word.

Where did she leave me?

How am I going to get back?

Should I enter?

Why not maybe I will be lucky and there is something in the building that could kill me.

I went inside the building and was met with a woman in her forties.

Woman: Hello there! Did you get lost?

Me: No, I have a latter for you, I guess...

Woman: You guess?

Me: Yeah... My grandmother told me to get in and give the person leading this facility the letter.

This was some kind of facility that much I could tell. However, what I didn't know was that this was an orphanage. At the time I came in, there were no children inside.

Woman: That would be me. Let me see it.

I went to her and gave her the letter after about 2 minutes later; the woman looked at me with disgust.

Woman: Izuku Midoriza huh?

How did she know my name?

She has clearly the advantage here! She knows my name and what did I know about her or even this place? Nothing!

Me: Yes?

Woman: No wonder no one wants you!

Huh? What does she mean?

Woman: It looks like you don't know where you are..

Me: That's right.

Woman: It's that's right ma'am! From now on, you will address me as Ma'am! You are abandoned by your family and left here for a purpose. This is an orphanage and your knew home! I suggest you don't make any trouble or else you will be punished?! Am I clear?

Me: Yes Ma'am!

Woman: Follow me and don't make a sound! I expect from you to clean the whole house every day and prepare the food for everyone! You are not allowed to eat with us! No one wants something as disgusting like you on their diner table!

Me: I understand Ma'am!

She then showed me where the cleaning utensils were and the kitchen. Then we went to the basement.

Why are we going to the basement? I did nothing wrong! Is she about to punish me?

She opened the door and waited for me to come and stand by her side. Then she pushed me in. This made me fall down the stars. The woman was laughing seeing me being in pain.

Woman: My name is Karen and welcome to your new home mutt! This is where you are gonna stay! Don't you dare come up besides going to school or doing your work!

With that she shut the door and left.

An Orphanage huh?

Well it could be worse!

I at least will get some food.

The room I was in or should I say basement was dusty and dark. I looked around me and found a broom in one corner.

Me: *Exhale* At least I can clean this place up... Why should I bother doing it?! I don't care if I get sick... On second thought that might be a good way to die too!

I went to a corner and laid down. It was already late and I was exhausted from the day. Injuries were littering my body and breathing wasn't getting easier. Sleep was taking over me rather quick and I welcomed the sweet darkness in a blink of an eye.