Chapter 1

"They went all out!"

"I still don't understand why they never just fly there on the dragon?"

"Hey, (f/n), have you heard of a lego show called: Monkie Kid?"

Turning my head over, I faced one of the pretty and nice girls of the class. We don't talk much and being adults, we aren't childish enough to bully one another. She wasn't even the type to when we were in high school together. "Yeah, actually. One of my favorite youtubers did a CMV on it. I thought he made the artwork or something until I read the description and comments. It actually looked interesting enough to watch it." I mentioned. "How did you hear about it?" From my knowledge, it isn't on any tv channel I knew of.

"My kid brother is actually a big lego fan and had few of the models. When I was talking about the Monkey King, he went ape! Had to show me the show, the toys, everything. It never clicked until the class you were able to teach us. So thanks for help bringing the two of us closer." The sincerity was laced through the entirety as she explained. 

The story and show went a whole different route, that I did know. It did make whole new fans but left a whole different impact than the books. It followed the idea of where it went but there were something they changed to their advantage which actually made it a lot more funnier to see. At least that's what I generally pulled together from the clips and trailer I seen.

I went to readjust my bag on my shoulder only to almost throw off balance by the lack of weight. "My bag! Oh, man, I almost forgot it! Tell Mr. Change I'll be right back!" I turned around a sped walked back. Why did it also had to be up the second floor?!

"Ok...so not in Journey exhibition. Then India!" Making my way westward on the same floor, passing the many exabits that was between the two. I make it there and started to circle around the room, eventually going in front of Buddha. I couldn't help myself but bowed towards him and prayed for help to find my bag. Only to hear the faint tapping of hurried feet. Turning to see my bag on the back of someone, in a hurry!

I dashed after, wanting to call out to them for taking my stuff but they weren't there. The hall was silent despite how open it was. The faint background sounds of different music or videos played through but nothing else particular. I quickly looked around until I found my bag back in China, in the exhibit I just went to first and....IT'S ON SUN WUKONG'S STATUE!

I gasp and nearly had a heart attack at the sight! The nerve of anyBODY dare to show any disrespect as this to the museum or even the Monkey King is absolutely monstrous! Quickly, made my way over, trying to think about how to get my from the statue.

It was around 20 feet tall, standing in full armor that he wore from the Dragon Kings and his staff leaning against his shoulder. The statue is looking straight forward with the mouth partially open, seeing the fangs in detail.

As I stood in front of it, thinking on how to get it or who to call for, I get scared by a security guard gripping my shoulder. "What do you think you were doing?" He glared down with a steely gaze in his blue-grey eyes.

"Trying to figure out how to get my bag down after seeing someone ran off with it. By the time I made it in here, the bag was already up there and no one else was here!" I explained, gesturing to the bag.

"Really, if that's the case. How come when I was watching the monitors, I saw you with your bag run into here and tossed it on before running towards the door?"

"What?!" I exclaimed. How was that possible?! "I-I have no idea but it truly wasn't me."

"If I may," a new voice popped in. At the doorway was a man with dark black hair cut and styed neatly. He wore round glasses that helped make his slanted eyes look a bit more bigger. He wore and a black blazer, red button up shirt, a black tie with a red Chinese dragon with several  Chinese characters sewn in between the dragons body, basic black trousers and had a brown bag on his shoulder. He had in his arms were a few notebooks and binders. He gave a small, possibly bashful, grin before walking over. "What is your name miss?" He asked, hanging his grin to a calming smile that made you feel like you can trust him.