Chapter 4

Please look at the A/N at the bottom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I gotcha. You're safe now." I heard a familiar voice. It wasn't one I herd in person, I know that. It was one that rings out in my memories. The straps of my backpack dug into my shoulders as something held onto the bag itself. Craning my neck, I saw a pair of black wings and the underwings had a pale green color and the inner most wings had a soft color of brown to it. A bird saved me....a bird just talked to me! I don't know if I should be shocked at this point or not but I'm truly thankful. We flew out of the city and over a vast blue body of water below us.

As we continued to soar out and away from civilization, we went higher until we were in the clouds themselves. "Ok, be ready. I'm gonna toss you in the air for a moment before  catch you again. I'm only doing this for a better grip. You ready?" He asked, feeling him swing me back.

"Wait, wh-- AAAAAHHHHH!" I immediately screamed as soon as I was air born again. I flailed around as I went immediately went down toward the deep abyss under me. The fear and feeling didn't last thankfully as the person who caught me again, somehow grabbed me and held me from under my knees and my lower back. I immediately latched onto their neck and buried my head into their shoulder.

I felt the cool breeze of the wind blowing us by and my hair going in the same direction. "See, I told you that you would be ok. Take a look at the view; you're seriously missing out." he told me, lightly nudging his shoulder. I slowly turned my head until I was facing in front of us. The sun wasn't at the highest point but still high in the sky. From where we flew, you could see different shades of blues and the foam of white waves created. With the reflection of the sun, you can see an array of colors coming from the water ahead of us. "Wow..." I whispered out, taking in the view in front of me until my eyes begin to wind and the brightness of it all.

"Not so bad now, huh?" He asked, catching my attention again. And if the beautiful view of the ocean and sky didn't already take my breath, the Monkey King who is carrying me, would have.

"A-are you r-really..." I stuttered out, voice now shaky along with my mind. Or what's left after the rest of it gone blank.

"The Monkey King, sure am!" He winked and gave me a wide grin. "Now; since you  know me, mind telling me who you are?" He asked as he leaned forward above me. I felt us move; looking down, I noticed that there is a cloud all around his shins and lower, covering his boots. The ends of the boots were black with the edges of them being a sand brown. His pants were a maroonish-brown with a wrap around his waist in a brown, red, green color pattern. His shirt was old but sturdy looking, being red with tan sleeves and a upper body chest armor that Chinese soldiers use to wear. A red cape billowing behind him along with 2 long red phoenix feathers attach to the hat that dons upon his head.

"(y/n). (y/n) (l/n)." I said, still not believing it.

"(y/n)." The Monkey King says, testing out the name himself. "I'm sure you have questions and a ton of them. Can you hold onto them until we land. Your new friend is going to head to my home and I figured we could get a head start so we can have a quick one on one. Sound good with you?"

"Yeah...wait, how did you know that he's coming there? He and those demons were acting like you vanished or something." I pointed out, brows frowning together.

"Well, I kinda was spying on him to see if he was worthy. Oh! And speaking of spying," He moved his brown tail to his hand under my back to pluck a hair before letting it go and for it to transform in a small flash of light into the same bird that had saved me before it flew where we came from until it was out of sight. "I still wanna keep an eye on him, so my clone should work just fine."