Chapter 5

I wanted to give a quick thank you to phetiamwantip for the song recommendation. This one felt fitting for this chapter. Enjoy!

Don't forget to check the author's note at the bottom!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not long waiting, did I hear a roaring sound from the water fall. And not the relaxing background roar it would make. I couldn't explain what it was. But it must MK. It's why the Monkey King left, to make sure he makes it here in one piece.

I stood up and decided to explore the cave more. 'This is supposed to be the water curtain cave. It was suppose to have an iron bridge...' I looked over my shoulder at the old wooden bridge that was missing a few boards before I continued forward. 'if that's true, then there is an iron palace or mansion here the Monkey King and his army of monkeys to live in.' I thought walking until I reached a wide open space with more random stuff piled around before looking up to a stairway path that lead up to a small wooden and bamboo house. "He did say that things are different from here than from my story." I spoke under my breath, walking up the path. Going around the small place to see if it might be an illusion or an extension to it.

I heard a pair of feet running before stopping. "Monkey King! It's really-" MK cut himself off. I peaked around after he called out and echoed through the entire cave, his voice bounced off the walls. I looked through a small gap between the bamboo to see MK kick a rock from frustration to defeat. I heard his faint voice talk to himself as he sat there. Just as I was stepping out and was about to step down the first step, I notice a butterfly flew from above the way MK came through and then landed on his arm.

MK looked up, noticing the little creature, only to FREAK OUT AND STEP ON THE POOR BUTTERFLY! IT WAS JUST A BUG! "Is it dead?" he asked aloud, looking at the squashed bug. I hurried down the stairs to slap him upside his head before hugging him tightly, happy to see he really was ok, but the 'dead' butterfly glowed and transformed!  

It went from a butterfly to a wrapped cocoon held on top of the ground to a unraveled root I think, to the large bird, a large tiger, only to immediately roar as a bear, only to end up Monkey King showing his true form and ending the sequence of transformations with his arms crossed and a cool smirk as his feathers blew in the breeze.

"M-m-m-m-m-monkey King?" MK asked in shock. 

"Yeah, the one and only." Monkey King said, as much ego in his voice as you can only imagine. I appalled from behind from the little show, finally walking up to them. MK looked around Monkey King at me in double shock and the Monkey King looked over shoulder at me before winking.

"(y/n)?! You're alive?! But how?! And with The Monkey King too?!" MK looked like he is losing his mind, not understanding how this making any kind of sense.

"Calm down, MK. I'm glad to see you're ok too. He saved me when we went over the end of the bridge." I explained. 

"So," Monkey King said, bring the attention back to him, "Where's my staff?" he asked only to see MK have wide tearful eyes before breaking down into full on crying.

"I'm SO sorry! I tried to bring it to you, but Princess Ironfan came and took it!" he explained, going faster into his explanation.

"She what?! But how?!" I asked shock to find out.

"She had that glove-" MK was about to explain more before Monkey stopped him, squatting to his height and had a goofy grin planted on his face.

"I know, I know. Look, I'm gonna come clean. Um, I kinda been watching you." He admitted, standing full height in a half explanation before stepping back.