Chapter 8

"I don't know what's more unbelievable; the fact that I've been here for almost 2 months or the fact that you never tried ANY! Not a single western food or anything outside the Chinese cuisine!" I exclaimed in pure shock at MK who I was just talking about something to have for lunch and how I been having a serious craving for familiar foods like hamburger and hot dogs, pasta, eggs and bacon or sausage (I seriously worried about EVER having such meat in Pigsy's shop and under his roof) and most of all, PIZZA!

He knew what they were but never actually had them before and doesn't understand the big deal; the poor unfortunate soul.

"The you being here should be more surprising. Nothing showed up on how to get you back where you come from yet?" He asks as he slides on his work shirt and we make it down to Pigsy's shop.

"Not a thing." admitting the truth reluctantly. While I been here, I been making a small name with the locals and a few kids and teens (and maybe a few demons, I don't fully know yet) by fixing things that break or upgrading them to something better and cooler. I made it a small personal business while here. I also been getting to know more about the city we reside in and seeing all that I can; and there is still so much more that has yet to be seen. I had managed my powers to show again like before but very sparsely and at the most different of times.

Tang has shown me to the great libraries they have here and tried to do a little research (and so far have been proven useless). But while I'm out doing my business going about, I or the some of us will run into problems where we would have to fight or need a hero. I'm thankfully one of them; Monkey King agreed to train me the end of last month when I took my vespa for a test flight.

Yes, test flight.

She's gliding and zooming so fast in the air, it feels so amazing! I've also been making small prototype weapons to practice and fight with. So far nothing has struck me and connect to me like: This is it. We need each other. I mean it would be nice to have a staff glowing and pulsating, pretty much saying it's for them specifically like what happen to Monkey King when he went down the ocean and got his staff.

Ding! "Order up! Get the lead out!" screamed Pigsy, snapping me out of my thoughts. MK grabbed the order and head out to his scooter to load up.

"Hey, maybe I can show you some of the food from back home. We could maybe make it if you're interested." I offered, walking with him outside, leaning by the doorway.

"Aw, yeah! That sounds totally awesome! We should so do it! After work for sure!" MK promised, getting pumped up before having to hurry out on his route. I headed in and pulled out my notebook and started to look up and write out a few recipes. I watch as MK go in and out throughout the day. I offered to do any far out trips so I could get use to riding my Vespa in the sky.

During the trips, I grabbed ingredients I knew we didn't have and brought them back and had it prepping. This is gonna be so much fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is so much fun...when MK had the energy to keep up. Throughout the week, he has been running around, working all day, painting Sandy's boat, trying to make food with me, only to end up making a big mess and I'm having to either get more ingredients or just straight up taking over the work altogether, and out partying with Mei half the night away. "MK, maybe you should slow down. We can make food another time, same with everything else." I said, putting his bowl of noodles in front of him. He collapsed in his seat and face planted into the table.

"Wow, you look like hot garbage, you tired?" asked Tang, who sat next to him, or rather MK next to Tang since that's his usual spot, eating his own bowl of noodles.