Chapter Twelve★

December 19th

Alessia jerked up, waking up from her sleep as her heart skipped a little by the yelling she hears.

"Happy birthday!!!." Gabriella and Scott yelled loudly.

With her hands on her chest, trying to calm down her racing heart she flashed a smile and shook her head in amusement.

How on Earth did they even know, she'd been so caught up with different thoughts going in and out of her head that she obviously forgot her own birthday.

"Make a wish." Gabriella pushed a pink strawberry cake closer.

" This is beautiful. " Alessia grinned happily, she made a wish and blew her candles.

"Yay!." Scott squealed as she gave him a peck. They both sang her a birthday song. She couldn't be more happy.

****
Alessia's hair was In beautiful curls, her eyes standing out perfectly and her face glossed in a simple makeup.

She believed it was already 3:00 or so and the makeup artist and stylist had already gotten her ready.

"Why am I getting all dressed up?." She asked curiously, getting a little smile from them.

"It's a surprise." They said , before shortly leaving.

She paced to and fro curiously in her room, trying hard not to fall . She was not use to these stiletto heels.

The sound of the door finally opening made her sigh in relief as Gabriella walked in. She was wearing one of the most beautiful pink gown.

Gabriella took a look at Alessia, playfully checking her out. She looked extremely beautiful with that curly blonde hair, perfect makeup, pink shiny ball gown together with a matching purse and diamond earrings...she gave a sigh of satisfaction when she saw her black comfy heels.

"You look beautiful!." They say to each other simultaneously. They burst into laughter.

" You look beautiful. So hot birthday girl." Gabriella said with a smile, making Alessia flush.

"You look breathtaking as well." Alessia said.

" Thanks. By the way it's your birthday and everyone awaits you."

" Everyone?." Alessia gave a blank expression.

Gabriella gave a knowing smile. "It's a surprise." She grinned taking her hand, leading them out.

They walked hand in hand silently untill Gabriella stopped. "Now You've to close your eyes."

Alessia gulped nervously.

" just for a while. When I say open you open okay?."

She nodded.

The feeling of Gabriella gently pulling her down the stairs made her grip her purse nervously, the last thing she wanted was to fall. They were down the staircase now. She could hear some soft music coming near as they walked into the living room.

"Open your eyes." Gabriella whispered.

Her eyes opened. She almost gasp at the sight of the room. Expertly decorated in pink.

How the heck did they know her favorite color was pink.

Beautiful ribbons and tags filled almost every corner with 'Alessia @17' written on them. She almost shed a tear at the sight of everyone. She hasn't seen quite this amount of crowd in like forever. Everyone's attention turned to Alessia and Gabriella as they walked in.

She couldn't decide. Wether to put on a wide smile or laugh, either ways she neither frowned.

"Surprise!." They all cheered.

"Happy birthday Alessia, I'll be right back." Gabriella said walking off.

She bit her lower lips nervously as the lights to the hall turned off. A stage light flashed on her and a dim light shone making her see everyone again.

A large cake slowly dropped from the top as everyone cheered happily. The cake slowly dropped. Alessia found that beautiful.

The crowd sang a birthday song and afterwards she cut her cake. Little Scott ran towards her lending her a beautiful pink rose and the crowd cheered happily, Alessia gave Scott a light peck and he happily ran off.

Music filled the entire room and bodies started to move to the beat as some girls walked towards her.

"Hey birthday girl. I'm sal." One of the girls said waving slowly.

" I'm beauty." Another said. "

"And she's Olivia." Beauty pointed to the last girl, who had a bored expression.

" So what's your name?." The girl who's Olivia asked, sipping on her drink.

Alessia gulped trying to sound as confident as ever. "I'm Alessia." She said. Olivia and Sal exchanged glances, bursting into laughter shortly.

"Like seriously? What's the next name?." Olivia asked, Alessia flashed a confused expression.

The girl named beauty looked clueless, she was perhaps the dumbest among the girls.

"Erhmm sal what name are you guys talking about?." Beauty asked making her friends roll their eyes.

" Just shut up beauty. Alessia here knows what am talking about, right Alessia?." She turned to Alessia who shook her head, she was clearly confused.

"Aren't you the girl. I mean the girl said to get married to Dan Scott's eldest son? Why are you acting dumbfounded and pretending? Telling us your name's Alessia when we all know you're supposed to attach Scott there." Olivia retorted pointing to the birthday tags.

Alessia couldn't believe this. Marry? Elvin?

What the hell were they saying?.

"Now you're acting innocent. Like you don't know what am talking about. We all know girls like you have no aim but to seduce rich guys and take over their riches."

Alessia balled her fist. Her words had pissed her off. She watched them give her a nasty look, she remained silent.

"Oh did you lose your tongue? Perhaps you lended that to the Scott's too?."

" I didn't lose my tongue!." She pointed out in annoyance.

" You're in my party. Having my drinks and catching fun. If you say another ill word about me and the Scott's again I promise you I'll kick you-all out of here!."

" Oh really." Sal smirked.

" Yeah really. And I don't care what you think, the Scott's are great and it really doesn't matter if I get married to one of them." She folded her hands shrugging. " And hey go get your self more drinks, you might want to stuff something into your loosed mouths."

" How dare you?." Olivia muttered, leaving Alessia to smirk at them, walking away shortly.

She wanted to enjoy tonight. Her first birthday with her new family. She eye searched for Gabriella who she sighted dancing at a corner with a couple of girls, she walked towards them, deciding to give dancing a try.