Chapter 47 - Race

Warnings: Abuse, major injuries, hospital stuff
It's a heavy chapter
Third Person POV

Race was gently pushed up against an alleyway wall, after being pulled into said alleyway.

It was like the person knew he was hurt, so they were trying not to hurt him, but they also couldn't let him leave.

Race opened his eyes, and they widened when he saw Albert and Jack.

"I don't know how you're walking." Jack states. "I know you're stubborn, but Spot is as well and he's in so much pain that he can't walk, and it isn't from an injury that he sustained." He looks Race up and down.

Race diverted his eyes from Jack's gaze, biting his lip in pain.

One thing he'd never admit, was that he was glad the boys cared this much about him to try to save him from his problems.

He missed them.

"Who hurt you? Why are you ignoring us?" Albert questions. "And why won't you let us help you?"

Race tried pushing away from them, but the injury on his stomach was stopping him.

Jack let go of Race, seeing that he was hurting him and Race was hurting himself.

Race crumbled to the ground, dropping everything he was carrying in the process.

"Race!" He barely heard Albert and Jack yell.

He had hit his head against the ground, causing everything to hurt and turn black now.

Race bit his lip in pain, not wanting to start crying.

He couldn't start crying.

Jack turns him over. "Race. Race!" He shouts, but it sounded so far away to Race. "Stay awake! Please! Racer! Anthony!" Jack shouts.

Race saw his world going black.

He tried to stay awake, he really did, but if felt as though someone was slowly closing his eyes and he had no say in it.

It was all black after that.

With Jack and Albert

Jack and Albert stayed with Race in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, Albert calling Medda and Jack calling Spot/Ace, who was with him.

"Hello?" Ace answers the phone.

"Ace, I understand that Spot can't walk to well right now, but you need to get him to the hospital, now." Jack states, an obvious rush in his voice.

Ace's eyes widen, as he looks at Spot. "What? Why? What happened to Race?" He asks.

Spot looks up at Ace, getting worried at the mention of something happening to his Soulmate.

His Soulmate may have been ignoring him for a bit, but he knew he probably had a reason to, and it didn't stop Spot from caring about him.

"I don't know yet," Jack starts, sneaking a look at Race. "But we're in an ambulance, on our way to the hospital with Race." He explains.

Ace's eyes widen. "I'll get Spot there as quick as I can." He states.

Jack nods. "Thanks Ace. We'll see you there." He responds.

Race stirs a bit, as one of the medics put a mask over his face to help him breathe.

"He's waking up." The medic states. "Should we let him wake up or keep him asleep?" He asks.

Albert and Jack share a worried look.

"Let him wake up," The second medic responds. "If we need him to be asleep, we can put him under."

(A/N, sorry this is not very accurate.)

Race's hand slowly tries to travel towards his stomach, where the injury is.

The medic has Albert hold his hand so that he didn't injure himself further.

The next few minutes were a whirl of emotion that Albert and Jack barely understood.

They got to the hospital.

Race was taken into surgery to help what they said was a stab wound.

Albert and Jack were sat in the waiting room, waiting for Race or even for Spot and Medda to get there.

Spot, Ace, and Hotshot (because they didn't want to bring all of the Newsies) got there first.

Ace and Hotshot were helping Spot walk, and he looked to be in a lot of pain.

The person at the front desk looked really concerned when they saw Spot.

"Are you okay?" They ask.

"His Soulmate is in surgery right now." Jack explains. "They have the pain connection." He adds.

The person at the desk looked sad for Spot, but nodded.

There was nothing they could actually do.

Ace and Hotshot helped Spot sit down in a chair next to Jack.

Spot looked so out of it that he could barely focus, but he also had a hint of worry on his face and in his eyes.

He just wanted Race to be okay, and that always felt like too much to ask for.

"What happened to him?" Spot's voice sounded raspy and pained, like he had only used it when crying for a few days.

He hadn't, he barely cried (which is what he keeps telling himself).

"I don't know." Jack sighs a bit, resting his head on his hand. "I didn't get a good look at his injury, but it was definitely bad, and he passed out after we talked to him for literally two minutes." He explains.

Spot sighs, immediately cringing in pain again right after.

"Be careful, Spot." Ace whispers, gently sitting him up a bit. "We don't know what fully happened, but it looks like a stab mark." He reminds Spot.

Spot nods.

Albert and Jack turn to face them, eyes wide. "It looks like a stab mark?" They ask in unison.

Ace and Hotshot nod.

Jack and Albert share a look. Crap.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

This is even worse than before.

"Thanks for helping their anxiety, Ace." Spot jokes with a small smile on his face. "Now that they know this, they're panicking more than before."

"Sorry." Ace chuckles a bit. "I just thought they deserved to know." He responds.

Spot chuckles a bit, ignoring the pain it caused him.

"Well," Albert starts, sinking back into his seat. "Better hearing it from you than a doctor." He mutters.

The boys laugh lightly.

"True, true." Ace agrees. "Very true."

1018 Words
This is bad, sorry.