Chapter 29 - Ike

Ike and Hotshot Meet Part 2
Third Person POV

"Where were you?" Mike exclaims when he sees Ike run into the kitchen, breathless.

"Sorry Mike! A teacher held me back and my phone was in my locker!" Ike explains. The people in the room all take a deep breath, grateful that Ike was okay.

"Okay. It's just good that you're okay" Mike tells Ike, who nods.

"Okay, anyway, twin talk!" Ike exclaims, grabbing Mike's wrist. Mike lets out a yelp, as Ike starts to pull him out of the room.

"Hey!" Smalls exclaims, standing up as she points to the two boys. They turn around to face her, "I get that he's your twin, but we've lived with you for years now. You trust us right?"

Ike hesitantly nods, and Smalls continues.
"Then you can trust us when you need to talk about something. I'd say we all need to be less secretive, as we're all brothers and sisters here. I won't force you, but remember you can talk to us."

Ike stares at Smalls, feeling really grateful for her. The other people in the room start clapping for her, she blushes, brushing it off.

"You know what, sure." Ike decides, shocking everyone in the room. He sits down at the table, bringing Mike along with him. "You sure you won't make fun of me?"

The group deadpans at him.
"You're literally asking the least judgmental group in this school" Smalls deadpans at him, and he shrugs.

"I think we're more shocked that you're even trusting us to talk about things with you. We wouldn't judge you, even if we were trying to be careful with what we say to you so that we don't make you lose your trust in us" Tommy boy points out. The other boys nod.

"Well, there's this boy in my classes, and he's a Brooklynite. He keeps flirting with me, but I don't think he's my soulmate, even if I feel a strong pull to him" Ike explains, blushing a bit.

"Ike and I have had a rough past, especially when it comes to dating, which is why it took you guys forever to earn our trust" Mike explains to the group. They nod.

"Maybe he is. I mean, you said you feel a strong pull, maybe the signs haven't shown up yet" Sniper points out. Ike nods.

"Yeah, but I'm not even sure what my Soulmate Connection is. I don't have a string, I don't have the Eye Connection, or the Telepathy, or pain, or first words" Ike points out. Smalls deadpans at him.

"Then it's obviously the Mark Connection" Smalls deadpans. Ike rolls his eyes.

"Thanks for that Smalls" He responds, sarcastically. Smalls rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry Ike, you'll probably figure it out soon" JoJo assures him. Ike nods, feeling a bit defeated.

"I'm gonna go change, then we can play a game or something" Ike decides, getting up from his seat at the table. JoJo looks up, excited.

"Uno?" His soft, but still excited, voice asks. Ike nods, as the other boys laugh.

"Just not three million games of Uno" Boots adds. JoJo pouts, but agrees nonetheless.

Ike heads into the room he shares with his twin. He grabs a hoodie and sweatpants.

He takes off his shirt, as he stands in front of a mirror.

He jumps back when he sees a huge black mark on his chest, like, covering his chest.

"Oh my gosh!" He exclaims, grinning.

"You okay Ike?!" Mike shouts to his twin. Ike continues to look at the mark, grinning.

Ike walks out of the room, his shirt in his hand. The group smiles when they see the Soulmate mark.