Chapter 52 - Race

Warnings: Hospital stuff
Third Person POV

Race holds the phone up, filming himself. "It's day five of being in the hospital." He informs the camera. "I hate it."

Spot chuckles, walking into the room. "What are you doing?" He asks.

Spot was doing much better.

Race was- getting there.

There were good days and bad days.

Today was a good day.

"Filming." Race answers. "Jack likes to document stuff." He explains with a small smile.

Spot chuckles again, sitting down in the chair beside Race's hospital bed. "I know Jack likes to document stuff, but I don't think he wants hospital memories." He responds.

Race looks at him, about to respond, before something caught his eye. "Hot chocolate!" His blue eyes light up.

Spot chuckles, handing him his hot chocolate.

This was one of the first days Race was allowed to have something that wasn't hospital food.

Race holds up the phone again. "My day has gotten better because Spotty got me hot chocolate." He grins, taking a sip.

Spot rolls his eyes. "I hate that name." He mutters, sipping his coffee.

Race giggles to himself.

"Everyone except the Kasprzaks have visited me." Race informs the camera. "The poor Kasprzaks are all sick." He explains.

"Albert texted me." Spot informs his boyfriend.

"Oh?" The younger boy looks over at him, curious.

"Texted me multiple pictures." Spot pulls out his phone. "And informed me that Eddie, Ethan, Ezra, and Eleanor are on their way to getting better." He informs Race.

Race takes the phone from him, propping his phone up against the window so it could still see him and Spot, who sat next to him.

Race scrolls through the pictures, smiling.

There was one of Emmalyn, who was asleep on Avery, with Elijah in her arms and Callie next to them.

There was one of sleeping Rider, who held a sleeping Ethan in his arms.

There was one of the twins, laying on the floor, talking to Boots.

Eden's head rested in her hands, her elbows touching the floor.

Boots was the same, except his feet were in the air, swinging back and fourth.

Eddie's head was in his arms, on the floor, his feet on the ground like Eden's.

There was another one of Romeo, with Ezra on his back, playing with his hair, and Eleanor in his arms, booping his nose.

At the time the picture was taken, Eleanor's finger touched Romeo's nose and Romeo had a surprised face.

Specs and Red were in a different picture, just talking while they sat on the couch.

The last one was of Albert and Elmer, both of them asleep, Elmer in Albert's arms, his head laying on Albert's chest, with Albert's arms around him.

Race hands the phone back to Spot. "That's really cute." He comments.

Spot smiles. "The boys, and girls who are awake, in Al's apartment are challenging everyone else to a selfie competition." He informs Race.

"Then, we obviously have to take a hospital selfie." Race responds with a cheeky smile.

Spot chuckles, shaking his head.