Chapter 48 - Race/Spot

Warnings: Hospital, attempted murder, stabbing, blood
A/N, ...I haven't posted this story in almost a month lol. Sorry
Third Person POV

Spot heard muffled voices.

Very muffled.

The pain in his stomach had subsided a bit.

He knew it was because both him and Race had been given pain medicine.

He'd been in the hospital for almost 12 hours.

Last he heard, Race was struggling to stay in stable condition.

Spot knew Jack had been talking to the police.

One officer in particular.

Officer Clay.

He had been an officer who helped arrest Race's father a few months before.

The only reason they weren't talking to Spot was because Spot and Race had the pain connection, so he was in a ton of pain as well.

Spot opens his eyes slowly.

He saw someone walk away from Jack.

Jack bends down in front of Spot.

"Why is this a common occurrence?" Spot forces out, his voice at a whisper.

Jack frowns. "I don't know." He responds softly. "But they've finally stabilized Race." He informs Spot.

Spot felt a small smile appear on his lips. "Can we see him?" Spot asks quietly and weakly.

"We just asked." Spot heard Ace's voice out of his line of vision. "They said that they'll let us know within the next hour."

Spot groans softly. "Great. Another hour without- seeing my- my Prince." He whispers.

Jack frowns. "Sorry, Spot." He apologizes.

Spot shrugs slightly, instantly regretting it a bit.

He grits his teeth in pain. "I hate this- so- so much." He mutters.

Ace and Jack frown.

About forty-seven minutes later

The doctor walks over to Ace, Jack, and Spot.

Albert was with Medda at the police station.

Spot was laying on his back on the floor, staring at Ace who was making weird hand motions at him.

"You can see him." The doctor tells them, a small smile on their face. "But he's not awake yet."

Jack looks up at them. "When will he wake up?" He asks.

"If he wakes up." The doctor corrects. "We don't know when."

"He will wake up." Spot responds. "I know he will. Race doesn't give up easily." He tells the doctor, a certain determined tone in his voice.

The doctor sends Spot a small, sad smile.

Spot shakes his head, looking at Ace instead of the doctor.

Ace makes a bird with his hands.

Spot felt like a child. "Ace," He starts.

Ace looks (down) at him.

"I feel like a child." Spot tells him.

"Well, better that than a teenager who just got stabbed." Ace shrugs a bit, making a turtle with his hands. "It's a turtle, Spotty." He uses a childish voice.