Chapter 21 - Race

Yay! Fluff! I'm so excited for the reactions to this and the next chapters!
Third Person POV

Race was lying on his bed, at Medda's house, bored out of his mind. Spot had gone somewhere, he didn't know where, but somewhere, and Jack was out with Davey, again.

Race picked up his phone, and scrolled through his texts, when he noticed the time. 10:43pm.

Eh, not too late, yet. He opens the Newsie text chat, and debates what to text them.

The Newsies

Race: I'm bored Sent: 10:45

Elmer: Random Sent: 10:46

JoJo: Sorry? Sent: 10:46

Finch: Not wrong El Sent: 10:47

Albert: same tho... Sent: 10:47

JoJo: Sorry? Sent: 10:48

Race: Wanna hang?
Anyone? Sent: 10:49

Albert: me and jo will meet you at the park in 5 Sent: 10:50

Jack: Jo and I... Sent: 10:51

Henry: You've been spending way too much time with Davey Sent: 10:51

Race: Deal Sent: 10:51

Elmer: They are boyfriends, Henry. Sent: 10:51

Jack: Oh, no, I know that I have been Sent: 10:52

Henry: I know, but still  Sent: 10:52

Davey: Don't do anything illegal! Sent: 10:53

Race: Illegal? Us? Sent: 10:54

Albert: Nah Sent: 10:55

Race chuckles, turning his phone off. He can basically hear the eye roll from Davey at their response.

Race throws on shoes and a jacket, and grabs a second jacket before heading out the door.
"Heading out with Al and Jo! Bye Miss Medda!"

"Have fun! Don't get hurt! Also, you don't have to call me that!" She calls from the kitchen.

"Sorry! Bye!" Race shouts. He could hear her chuckle as he closed the door.

Race walks to the park, just enjoying the peace and quiet of the night, something he knew wouldn't last long once he got to the park.

Race had learned to like the sky and night, as it was his escape from his father. He would sit on the roof of his house, and just watch the stars, eventually learning about the constellations.

He makes it to the park after a few minutes, and sits on one of the benches. In the alone time he's had when away from his father he had learned that the park was quieter at night.

Then he heard two voices and them running, and he immediately knew who they were.
"Hi Al, Jo."

"Hey Race!" JoJo exclaims, greeting him. Race smiles.