Chapter 53 - Elmer

Warnings: Sickness, but not much anymore
Third Person POV

Elmer's eyes slowly open.

"Hey." Albert whispers, his arms still around Elmer's waist.

"Hey." Elmer whispers, pressing a soft kiss to Albert's nose.

Albert smiles. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Much better." Elmer answers, smiling softly.

Albert shoots him a look.

"Actually." Elmer tells him.

Albert nods.

The two boys lay together for a few more minutes, before deciding to get up.

Albert slowly helps Elmer up.

Elmer giggles to himself. "My legs feel like they don't work because I haven't used them in a few days." He states.

Albert chuckles. "I'm not sure if I should be amused or concerned." He responds.

Elmer laughs.

"Gosh, I missed that laugh." Albert mumbles, guiding Elmer along.

Elmer blushes.

The two boys walk into the living room-kitchen area.

Ethan was making food, with Rider watching him anxiously and alertly, worried he was going to fall at any second.

Emmalyn was standing, her arms crossed, and sipping her coffee, Avery's arms around her, and her leaning against Avery.

Callie was sat next to them at the island, on a bench, her head laying in her arms on the island.

Tommy boy and Finch were asleep, sitting on the couch with Tommy boy in Finch's lap.

(You're just really content with the idea of Tommy and Finch being asleep in all of your books, aren't you?
Tommy boy and Finch represent the fact that I want cuddles and a relationship and don't have one. Hence the fluff with them.
That was sad.)

Boots was asleep in Red's lap with Red holding him gently, staring at his phone.

Specs was talking quietly with Avery, Emmalyn occasionally joining in with a muttered and incoherent response that they didn't really understand.

Elijah was helping Ethan cook, on his back.

Romeo was still playing with Ezra and Eleanor, Ezra now in his lap and Eleanor on his back and playing with his hair now.

The twins we're sat next to Callie at the island, sitting on the other two chairs, talking quietly with each other.

"Morning." Albert chuckles softly.

A muttered 'morning' came from a couple of the people in the room.

"How are we all doing?" Albert asks.

"Better." Emmalyn answers groggily. "But I'm tired."

"Same here." Ethan raises his spatula, before going back to flipping pancakes.

Ezra just grins at Albert.

"Soft." Eleanor mumbles, her eyes fixated on Elmer's hair and her hands playing with it.

Romeo chuckles.

"Tommy and Finch are asleep." Red informs Albert form where he sat. "And Boots."

Albert chuckles. "I can see." He comments.

Red laughs weakly. "Righttt."

Elmer slowly walks over to Rider, squeezing his shoulder lightly. "Ethan's fine right now." He whispers. "Trust me, I know my brother. He's just tired right now."