14. Nestled

DEDICATED TO:    Priyadarshini2001 CarpeDiem_LA01 manasacs

"If life were a bed of roses;

devoid of thorns, scented and sweet,

would we be nestled in the warm sheets,

of petals soft, and rare, intoxicating?

Perhaps sleep would come easy,

unrest and disharmony, distant memories.

It's probably a mere illusion,

that beckons us closer;

willing us to live and survive, 

not fearing dark, deep, gloomy waters,

to swim against the current, and not drown.

Where there are roses, there have to be thorns,

for that is the life into which we are born.

There would be petals, there would be fragrance,

there would be light, hazy, through the fog; dense.

In the lone sands of the desert,

there would be an oasis to quench our thirst.

We would survive, cherishing each moment

of joy and despondency, of sickness and health,

and someday we shall close our eyes, and sleep,

nestled in the sheets of death, escaping the dreamy reality;

termed life."

-Elegiac_Damsel

_____

September 2

Third person's point of view:

In Seneca's words, 'Every new beginning comes from the end of some other beginning.' 

To begin anew, to move ahead is the only way to live. The hands of the clock never turn anti-clockwise; time that has once gone never comes back. Life is how it is; the past cannot be undone or corrected, the future cannot be pre-decided, but one can always remain nestled in the arms of the present.

To dwell in the past, to hold on to what has passed, regret, is a grave mistake, as we lose a part of our present pining for that pragmatic opportunity to correct the wrongs of the past, eventually and inevitably, losing a part of our future. It's solely the reason why we wake up to the new dawn each day.

It had been almost 3 weeks since Mrinalini and Debarghya's marriage. Life had been continuing at its own pace, and though Mrinalini had taken time coming to terms with her inner emotional trauma and turmoil, she had decided to explore something new and to try and discover a new dimension to her otherwise monotonous daily routine. 

Seated at the dining table of the Acharya household beside a bespectacled, tall teenager, in the late afternoon, poring over the NCERT Chemistry textbook, Mrinalini took over her new, small, and insignificantly significant role; insignificant because it was a role that would bring neither name nor fame, and significant because it would be one meagre step towards her financial independence.