13. Dawn

Dedicated to:  Anayaqueen123 RupalShah774 the_essence_soul

"Each day is a new day,

each dawn serves as a gateway;

to the future, drifting away from what has passed,

leading to a second that would momentarily last.

It is beyond human comprehension to know,

what unimaginable, and unexpected can follow.

It could potentially rain droplets of joy, and grace,

or there could be sorrow, followed by ill health.

There can be reasons to smile at the dawn,

or one would have to eagerly await the dusk.

There can be rivers of goodness overflowing,

or you could be greeted by a nefarious serpent's hissing.

The fruits you bite into can bring sweetness to the palate,

or with luck parlous, it could be a bitter poison.

What the dawn heralds is a day anew,

whether or not joy follows, is cryptic, and obscure.

Await the dawn, bid dusk a farewell,

open your arms, and breathe,

for each new day is an opportunity, a possibility

to obliterate, to begin anew, to seek light,

and bid adieu to the living nightmares, to obliviate,

all the memories that brought you pain, yesterday."

-Elegiac_Damsel

______

August 25

Third person's point of view:

Mrinalini felt a combination of contradicting feelings flood her heart as she stepped out of her maiden home. Confronting Barun and refraining her voice from cracking mid-speech had taken a lot of self-control and restraint. She had been sure that she would be relieved of the baggage of emotions that had haunted her for the past few days, but the ordeal was far from over.

The cloud of disgust, malice, disappointment, and sorrow that had descended upon her, after reading Rai's letter, had dissipated in the form of the downpour of words that she had uttered in pique and umbrage, but she had suffered equally, from the havoc that the gale had brought upon her.

She felt like she was leaving her home again as she had after her wedding. The pain more intense this time, because she was practically severing her ties with those with who she had lived all her life. It was an extremely emotionally drained and subdued Mrinalini who walked up to Ananda Palit's bus stand. A local bus headed to Shyambazar had just made a pit stop for new passengers.

Her hands trembled very slightly and she hesitated on the steps for a split second while boarding the bus. Mrinalini knew that there would be no turning back after this. She would be separated from her maiden home, from her neighborhood, from her family yet again, just that this time was the last. She sighed to herself, making up her mind and boarding the bus, heading straight to an empty seat by the window. Her eyes were dazed, and her heart was palpitating wildly.