Chapter 18 - An assassination attempt (SMUT)

The week we spent on Elephantine passed faster than we wanted. But it was a great time. We spent all our time together - we went for walks, bathed in the Nile, and of course, had a lot of sex. Bill told me about his childhood, and I told him about my family. Although I felt quite sad and homesick about it, Bill discussed it with me and helped me accept the fate that I would probably never be able to return home to my timeline. But it wasn't so bad when I knew he was giving me all the love he has to make me happy.

However, I must admit that I was nervous about our return to the royal palace... for many reasons. One of them was that I wasn't sure how Bill would solve his "problem" with Will. But I soon found out.

When we got back, and Bill met Will, he told him to go to the bedroom with him. But I was not allowed inside. For long hours it was possible to hear them speak, to curse, even to shout. I was almost afraid they would start fighting. However, when I secretly opened the door a little to look in, I saw them hugging and crying. I couldn't even describe how happy I was to see them finally reconcile. Maybe it was because I had siblings myself. Not in this world or time, but I did.

The next problem of mine was to start life as a royal couple. Sure, Bill and Tad taught me diplomacy and how to act like a "queen," but it was truly difficult for me to rule. At least from the beginning. The same routine was repeated every day:

Once we woke up in the morning, we walked to the "audience chamber" to hold our daily meetings. As guests enter the room, they prostrate themselves in front of us. There usually are ambassadors who are offering tributes from foreign countries, generals talking military matters, the usual nobility, and some special envoys from across the empire. When the day's audiences are completed, we leave for the temple. As Pharaoh and his queen, we had to pay tribute to the chief god, Amen-Re. It was a pain but, if we didn't do it, the empire could lose its divine order. Accompanied by the high priest, we walked through the great temple to the sanctuary, enjoying the cool air and smelling the thick incense. Inside, we approached the statue of Amen-Re. We usually ask god some questions and receives answers from the high priest. The questions over, we returned to the palace for some lunch. Afterward, we jumped into our royal chariot for a tour of the city. Surrounded by bodyguards, we visited some construction sites where magnificent new buildings are being constructed in Bills or my honor. Back at the palace, we get a welcome break. After a day surrounded by people, we could finally rest a bit and have time to ourselves till it was the time to go to sleep...

In the end, however, with a little effort, I managed to get used to it all and learn to be a good ruler.

Because I was from the future, I knew a lot of things the Egyptians didn't even imagine. For example, I suggested making water drains to irrigate a field without being close to a river. Thus, the people had more crops and expanded their fields, which resulted in getting rid of the famine and having the golden age of Bill's reign. It took a long time, but soon all the riots in the empire disappeared, and there was harmony among the people of Egypt.

I hardly noticed, and it's been a year since I met Bill. It was unbelievable how time passed when a man was busy with the duties of a ruler. However, I did not complain, and I considered it a good time in my life.

But one thing was strange.

Very unusual and dangerous things have happened to me in the last few months. At first, it was that the heavy bookshelf almost fell on me. Then a candle chandelier, a small poisonous scorpion hidden in my new shendyt... it almost seemed that someone was doing it on purpose. But I didn't want to draw any early conclusions. It could only be a coincidence. Things like that happened... right?

------------------------------------------------

"Pinetree, are you really sure you want to do this? You know you're gonna lose, don't you? "Bill smirked as he got into his chariot pulled by a pair of black horses. I also got into the chariot, but with white horses. We were going to look at the construction of a new temple at the end of the city, and to make it more fun, we made a bet. The one who will be there first will have to work for the other as a "slave" for a whole week, within just our private time in the bedroom, of course. I couldn't wait to see Bill's defeated expression. So many options, what could we do then ~.