Chapter 5 - The Queen

I couldn't believe my ears. "I'm your WHAT?!" I asked again, hoping I misheard. "Queen, Pinetree. What? Don't you know what that word means? "Bill said, obviously enjoying the sudden confusion on my face.

"I know what it means. I just... There must have been a misunderstanding. I've never agreed to anything like that. "I answered and Bill smirked. "Oh, but you actually did."

That only confused me more. What was he talking about? I never agreed with anything like that. During our conversation in his bedroom, he did not suggest anything like that, and earlier in the throne room, we had only tried to communicate by using gestures-

"No. Way." I was shocked when I finally understood. "I thought you asked me if I was innocent!" I jumped up from my chair, "Why would you want to marry me at all? I'm a man, and even not from this world! I-I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I have to find a way to get home and- ". "Pinetree, please sit down," Bill asked me, though it sounded more like an order. I sat back down across from Bill and felt my heart beat like crazy. "As you may know," Bill said after a moment of silence, "Egypt must always be ruled by a royal couple. And in order to rule like a pharaoh, I have a condition that I must be married by the age of 26. And my 26th birthday is coming in 2 months. If I hadn't found my own partner by then, I would have to marry my brother* or a princess from the next country. I honestly don't like either of those options very much. But I also never thought about looking for a partner, since no one around me ever aroused my interest. That is, until you came, my dear Pinetree. You're different, and I like that about you. That's why I'm offering you this offer. "

I listened to him the whole time he was talking and shook my head. "B-but, I'm a man! Even if I would marry you, I couldn't give you children and your dynasty would die out. Which ruler would ever want to do something like that? "I objected. Bill just shrugged. "Well, I've always wanted to be different. And no, I don't care if you're a woman or a man. I like you and you practically already agreed to our marriage. But I will be nice and ask again. Are you accepting my offer? "He leaned over and offered me his hand.

I knew I was trapped. If I rejected his offer, I would probably be sent to death. At the same time, accepting the offer was a risk. Marrying a pharaoh meant many advantages but also negatives that could seal my fate. One such example is the fact that if Pharaoh had died before I did, I would have been killed and then mummified on the day of his death. Furthermore, I would be forced to live my whole life in a palace and I could only go out by his side. I also could have been the target of an assassination... Well, in short, there were many reasons why marrying him would be a big problem.

After a long moment of silence, I regained the courage to speak. "What if I refuse?" I asked. Bill raised an eyebrow at me. He probably didn't expect this answer. But I couldn't tell if he was upset or not. He just rested his head on his hand and replied in a calm voice: "Then you will end up like all the other strangers. You will become a powerless slave who will serve me and my country for the rest of your life. "I could not believe how he could say such a thing in such a calm voice. "Are you crazy?" I asked, standing from my chair. Bill smiled widely and showed me his (oversized) canines. "Sure I am! What's your point? "

I clenched my fists. Ugh, this guy! I had such an urge to hit him in the face. Crazy or not, he can't just make me marry him! Instead of hitting, however, I took a few steps back and headed for the door. "I'm getting out of here," I replied.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere." Bill quickly rose from his chair and, before I could take another step, he grabbed my hands and pressed my back against the wall. I couldn't move. He held me too tight. All I could do was stare into his eyes. Both anger and amusement could be seen in them. I looked down. What did he plan to do? Was he going to kill me? "You're not going anywhere. Not until you give me your answer. So, tell me, Pinetree, are you accepting my offer or not? " He spoke again in a slow, calm voice. I couldn't stop blushing. He was too close to me. I could literally felt his breath on my neck.

"I..." stammered, afraid to look him in the eye. I felt a feeling of fear and also nervousness in my stomach. My lips turned dry and I ran my tongue over them.

I had to figure out a way how to get out of there, alive. Although I didn't want to admit it, there was only one. I had to agree to his offer. That would give me time to escape and find a way back home.

"I'll marry you," I mumbled, even though I knew the young pharaoh could hear it. With that, all the anger in his eyes disappeared. He gave me a smile. "Good decision." He whispered in my ear, and my face flushed more.

I expected him to let go of his grip. But he didn't do that. "Pinetree" he gently grabbed my chin. Why was he still holding me? He has already got my answer. So what's the problem? He should know that the grip hurt quite a bit.

But before I had a chance to ask, Bill suddenly pressed my face to his.

And that's when it happened. Our lips touched. My eyes widened in shock. I never saw it coming. The electric shock went through my body. His lips were so warm and soft. I felt my body temperature rise all the way from my toes to my face. It was like a crazy dream. Except, I just couldn't wake up from it.

Bill took his chance while I was still shocked and quickly put his tongue in my mouth. He slowly tasted the whole inside of my mouth. I closed my eyes. He tasted like grapes and wine. While he was deep-kissing me, he released one of his hands and pressed my body against his. I felt my body becoming hotter and hotter with each moment his tongue wrapped around mine.

We didn't even know each other a while ago. No one would ever think that events could turn out so drastically. But well, there we were...

I didn't want to admit it, but this guy was a great kisser. The way he sucked my tongue while holding me tightly around my waist... made me feel something I had never felt before. It was so wrong. But also felt so right.

After a moment that lasted like an eternity, our lips separated. I tried to catch my breath. My body was hot and saliva was running down my lips. Bill stepped away from me. He licked his lips and there was a slight flush on his face. "Well, it looks like we will be spending a lot of time together now, my dear Pinetree. Or should I call you, my future queen? "He smirked at me and walked slowly to the door. I kept standing by the wall in shock. When he opened the door, he turned to me and continued, "Well, anyway, make yourself comfortable. I still have some duties to do. But don't worry, I'll be back soon. "With that, he slammed the door behind him and I could hear the sound of the lock.

It was only after all this that I realized what had just happened. Full of embarrassment, I covered my lips with my hand. That couldn't be possible!

I just had my first kiss with the King of Egypt.

Oh, God, what kind of a mess I got myself into?

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

*The ancient Egyptian royal families were almost expected to marry within the family. It is believed that the pharaohs did this because of the ancient belief that the god Osiris married his sister Isis to keep their bloodline pure.