Chapter 14 - Wedding day

Those two days passed much faster than I expected. All this time, Tad had been explaining to me how to behave in public, what to say... There was so much that I didn't even realize how fast time passed. It wasn't until I woke up that morning that I realized what day it was.

It was my wedding day...

----------------------------

Preparations for the wedding began early in the morning. As soon as I woke up, the maids dragged me to the baths. There was already a bath of milk and honey waiting for me, as was the custom with Egyptian brides. Although I wasn't sure where they took so much milk for such a bath, it was definitely a luxury for me. Warm milk softened my skin, and honey gave it a pleasant scent. Following a bath, servants applied on me almond oil, fragranced with Frankincense and Myrrh. When this was done, it was time for makeup and dressing. Yes, you heard right, makeup. The Egyptians used to wear makeup at formal events, and this was true for both sexes. For men, it was mostly just black eyeliner, sometimes with a smaller decoration. Thankfully, I didn't have to do my make up by myself. There were maids for that. I just sat on the pillow and tried to stay still.

All the while, the maids didn't let me look at myself, so when I finally saw myself dressed and ready in the mirror, I almost forgot to breathe. I looked so... different. It was like I saw in the mirror someone else. My eyes were decorated with dark blue eyeliner, and beneath them were painted two small triangles. I was wearing a light blue shendyt, which was quilted with gold, and a lot of jewelry. Those were all made of pure gold and wore gems, most often malachite, lazurite, but also rubies. They definitely were much more formal than the ones I usually wore. Then I had a transparent blue scarf around my shoulders that matched my shendyt. "I wish Mabel could see me now. I'm sure she would be so happy. " I thought.

Yes, Mabel, my sister... I still missed her so much. But I could not lose hope. I will definitely meet her again sooner or later.

"Wow, Pinetree. And I thought that the most beautiful flower of the Nile only grows in my garden. I guess I was wrong. "A voice came from behind me. My groom's voice.

"Bill? What are you saying? That's not true. "I turned to the blond man standing at the door. "Of course, it's true. Why would I lie to my future queen? "He smiled at me, and I felt that I was blushing. "T-thank you. You don't look half bad either. "I answered, looking at the man in front of me. He really looked great today. He was wearing a dark blue shendyt, similar to his usual one but just more formal. He was also wearing jewelry and had a crown on his head. His face was then adorned with red eyeliner. Oh gosh, why does he always have to look so sexy in everything?

Wait. Did I really say sexy ?!

"My Pharaoh, it's time to start the ceremony," the servant informed us, and Bill nodded at him. After all, the ceremony was to take place at noon. "Well, it looks like it's time. Come, Pinetree. "He offered me his hand and walked us slowly toward the west terrace of the palace, where the ceremony was to take place. And all this time, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Bill noticed that. "Are you nervous?" He asked, and I answered honestly. "Oh, hell, yeah, I am! I mean, everyone will be looking at us! What if I say something wrong, or- or- "Bill stopped with me in front of the terrace door and gently grabbed my chin. "Hey, shh, calm down. Everything is going to be okay. You will definitely be great. I'm pretty sure of that. "He spoke calmly and slowly to me. As I looked into his beautiful golden eyes and smelled the scent of his cologne, somehow, all the nervousness passed me by.

Something told me that things would turn out well with Bill next to me.

"Okay, are you ready?" He asked after a moment.