Chapter 19 - (Un)broken heart (SMUT)

I couldn't believe it. All this time, Bill cared so much for me, said how much he loved me, even cried for me, and now he kissed the man? Even though he was married to me?! My heart couldn't bear the pain as he watched Tad kiss him so passionately. I turned right away and headed for the bedroom. I heard Bill shout something, but I didn't listen to exactly what he was saying. I just wanted to get out of there. I wasn't going to be the fifth wheel of the car. If Bill really had anything to do with the man, I wanted to let him be. Ah, hell, why would Bill ever cheat on me? How long had he met the man? It was a romantic relationship or intimate. Why am I even thinking about it? The two slept together for sure! After all, Tad's hands in Bill's shendyt said more than enough.

I ran into the bedroom and quickly closed the door behind me. I could feel hot tears streaming down my cheeks. It hurt so much. I loved Bill so much, and he did this to me. And worse, he didn't tell me about it. I would understand if he told me he had another lover. But he had to keep it from me! I couldn't be mad at him, no. But I also couldn't stay here. So I started packing: a bag and clothes and some food. I wanted to leave before Bill returned. I thought for a moment that I would go out of the bedroom and then leave the palace through the main entrance, but in the end, I decided on the old way: through the balcony. However, before I could reach it, I heard the bedroom door open.

"Pinetree, I'm back! Sorry to keep you waiting... Pinetree? What happened? W-What about the bag and the clothes? "Bill's smile froze as soon as he saw my face.

"Bill, I'm leaving. It's over. "I whispered, and Bill looked at me in horror. He saw that I was crying. "W-what? What are you talking about, Pinetree dear? Why would you leave? What have I done?"

"Don't play innocent!" I shouted. "I saw you kissing Tad there. How he wanted him to be your paramour! "

Bill blinked twice, trying to understand. Then he, slowly, walked to me. "Pinetree, that's a big misunderstanding! There is nothing between me and him now! "

"What do you mean there's nothing left now ?"

"It's complicated. Just, don't make sudden conclusions and... "

"Stay away from me, Bill! I don't want to be with someone who can break my heart like that! I just- "I shouted and wanted to leave when Bill hugged me tightly with his shoulders. I tried to get him away from me, but my heart kept me from doing so. Oh, why was I so attached to him?

"Please, Mason , let me explain all this. Because of everything we've been through. "He whispered in my ear, and I felt a goosebump. Bill never called me by my real name. Yet, it sounded so heartwarming and caring that I was sure he was serious about what he wanted to say.

"Okay," I said and sat down on the bed. "I'm listening."

Bill also sat on the bed and looked at me. He sighed and began to explain, "Tad and I were a couple a long time ago , during my father's reign. I was lonely, and with that hell, I was experiencing here in the palace, I longed for any company. Well, so I became close to Tad, who had been my private tutor back then, and was the son of my father's royal adviser. But it was not a casual romantic relationship. It was just short-term moments of affection associated with sex. But I was desperate, so I ignored it then and continued our relationship, in secret. But Tad wanted more from our relationship. He wanted him to become my paramour, to have a chance to become the Egyptian ruler and the queen. So he didn't care so much about me as he did about the throne. That's why I broke up with him and told him to keep our relationship purely professional. "