twelve | the boys

Third Person POV

Taehyung's birthday... that was all occupying Jisoo's not so peaceful morning. But who is she kidding, she hasn't had a peaceful morning ever since she met that guy.

It was hard to not to remember it was Taehyung's birthday, her twitter and instagram mentions are filled with notification from vsoo fans tagging her.

What happened yesterday was too fresh, it hasn't even been twenty-four hours since that lunch date, more like a lunch disaster.

Jisoo didn't know what possessed her to reach out for him, stopping his tracks. She recalls not wanting to lose him, and for the first time in her life, she felt apologetic... and that's why she did what she did, she went out of her way and offered friendship.

It was a long shot, she knew that the chances of him accepting her offer was slim. But to her surprise he plastered on a smile, one she wishes to see more often..

"Friends." Jisoo recalled his response, he shook her hand like it was some kind of contract.

"Jisoo, your father is here." Irene opened the door to her bedroom, disrupting her thoughts.

Immediately the atmosphere in the room changed, as if the cold chilling winter weather entered Jisoo's room.

"Tell him I'll just get ready and be out." Jisoo replied back, no feelings present in her tone.

"Father..." Jisoo bowed her head deeply.

"Sit." Mr. Kim gestured to Jisoo to sit down on the opposite end of the dining table.

Bowing her head once more, Jisoo took her seat. People would think she wasn't at her own home based on how she was being very cautious of her actions.

"Ma'am did you want some tea as well?" One of the lady workers approached Jisoo.

"No thank you, I'm good." Jisoo replied back. She had no appetite for food or beverage.

"Why are you here father?" Jisoo was quick to cut to the chase.

"What's that look on your face, daughter? You don't seem too pleased to see me?" Her father replied in a calm tone, his voice was a deep bass.

"I'm just surprised to see you here, you're a busy man after all." Jisoo didn't lie about that. Her father was a workaholic who had no time for his own family. Even back when she lived at her parent's home she barely saw her father. It was like he never lived there at all.

It was either a, too busy with work or b, he was too busy with his mistresses.

"I would never be too busy for my own daughter." Mr. Kim grabs a sip of his tea.

Jisoo didn't bother replying and looked away. Lies. Lies were the only thing her father was good at.

"Anyways, I just came here to remind you of the annual charity ball. It's tomorrow evening as per usual, on new year's eve."

"I already received the invitation a few weeks ago, Irene unnie have cleared my schedule for that day. It was not necessary for you to come here, father."

"Well I personally wanted to tell you to bring a date. Seeing as you now have a boyfriend. You know I don't understand your type, he's the complete opposite of-"

"Mentioning his name won't be necessary right?" Jisoo's mouth twitched.

"Also, Taehyung is an idol, a top idol might I add. It'll be difficult for him to come with me." Jisoo's voice was restricted. She tried her best to remain composure, but the more time spent with her father, the harder it is to control herself.