Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Rafael Barba Pov

Today I was working late on a new case we had. A teenage girl was raped by her own teacher. We found out that he's been doing it for awhile. It made me sick that someone could do that to a teenage girl. I'm glad we put that sick son of a bitch behind bars. I was about to get him the max twenty-five to life.

I was sitting at my desk putting away the file. I had about five more files I had to look through. I sighed deeply craning my neck to look at the time. It's already one o'clock and I was desperate for a drink. I grabbed the stack of files putting them into my briefcase.

'I'll work on these later,' I thought as I grabbed my jacket heading out of my office.

I was able to get a cab without throwing my arm around like a crazy person. Once I was in the cab the driver asked me where I was going and without hesitation, I told him to take me to the same bar where Olivia was that last time.

I was secretly hoping I would bump into her there again.

'God, what am I thinking? She's just a person I work with. I have no feelings whatsoever towards Olivia Benson,' I thought as I looked out the window. I was starting to doubt everything now.

'Do I have feeling towards her?' I was in a daze.

I didn't realize we were already in front of the bar. I quickly got out of the taxi, paying the driver.

I stood outside for awhile just looking at the outside of the bar trying to convince myself to just walk in. What if she's there again how will I deal with being so close to her again?

'Why am I so nervous? I shouldn't be nervous,' I thought, and before I realized it my feet were already moving toward the entrance of the bar.

Once I opened the door there was no going back. I scanned the room holding my breath. My eyes landed on the person I really hoped not to bump into. Olivia. She was sitting at the same seat with a drink in hand.

'It's now or never,' I thought as I started to walk towards her.

I tried convincing myself to just turn around and walk out, but something told me I should just go on ahead.

"Benson,' I said greeting her as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

I swear my hand felt tingly. She quickly whipped her head towards me smiling wildly.

"Barba! Hi! It's nice to see you," I was shock by how she replied. It made me feel giddy.

'God, what is this woman doing to me?'

"How long have you been here?" I asked curiously as I sat on the stool next to her.

"Since the hearing," she said a little bit slurred.

"That was hours ago! How much have you drank?" I asked, concerned. Goodness, how bad did this case hit her?

"I don't know. Stop being a buzz kill. Come on have a drink with me Rafael."

I could smell the booze on her, but that soon faded when I noticed she said my first name.

'Man, I loved how my name rolled off her tongue.'

'Not this again. Here I go again thinking about her,' I mentally slapped myself, 'maybe I should have a drink.'

'No. Probably a bad idea,' I quickly decide.

"No, I'm good. How about we get you home Olivia?" I said as I tugged at her arm.

"Awe why Rafael?" She asked with a pouty face.