Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rafael Barba's Point of View

We both walked into the precinct. Both Rollins, and Amaro where sitting at their desk, eating what I assume was Chinese take-out.

"Where's the fire Rollins?" I asked sarcastically, giving her smirk.

"Well it's nice to see you to Barba," she said in her southern accent.

"God, it's like taking care of two kids," Amaro said butting in.

I gave him my best glare. Before long we were both in a full out glaring contest.

"Easy boys," Olivia said as we both snapped out of out deadly glares.

"Now that that's settled, let's get back on the matter at hand. Rollins, what do we got here?" Olivia asked, walking over to the board with pictures of a young girl.

She had bruises almost everywhere. Of course that was only the skin we could see. Who knew how much was underneath her clothing.

"Samantha Collins, sixteen years old, lives on the upper east-side of Manhattan with both of her parents. She's claiming that she was raped by more than three males while walking home from a friend's house. A lady walking her dog was the one that called it in when she heard crying from inside an alleyway." Rollins said before she stuffed her face with some noodles.

'I don't know how they could eat while talking about a case. It's still a mystery to me to this day.'

"So are we talking gang rape?" Olivia asked as she examined the the papers closely.

"From what Samantha said, it's a possibility," Amaro answered.

At this point I was wondering why they called me here.

"Why I'm I here?" I found it rather awkward asking this question with Olivia in the room.

"We caught one of the perps. Their DNA matched up with the sperm that we found on Samantha's clothing in the rape kit, but there was also four others that we couldn't connect to anyone in the system. He isn't spilling any names either," Rollins said as she got up, signaling us to follow her.

We walked into the captain's room, where we would see the suspect through the window. He looked nervous like he would break any moment.

"Well then call me when the pig starts squealing," I said walking off.

Time to go home and regret what happen today. Hurray! Note the sarcasm.

*Three Days Later.*

We were able to make a deal with the suspect for the names of the people who helped him. I wasn't able to walk out of the building when I got a call saying that he was going to spill all the names. At least I wasn't around the precinct after that day because I had to prepare Samantha for the trial. If you ask me, that's the difficult part. She was able to go through it easy. She's a strong gal.

After two hours in court we were ready for the jury to come back with the results. Olivia and I were walking back to my office together for the first time since that day in silence. It was awkward for me.

'It's as if I can't talk to her.'

"I'm sure the jury is going to find them guilty with all the evidence shown and Samantha's testimony," I said once we were in the office trying to spark a conversation.

"Good. It makes me sick, what they did to her," Olivia spat as she closed the door behind use.

"I know. What I don't know is how you've been able to do this for so long," I said poring myself some scotch. After today I needed it.