Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Rafael Point Of View

Once we where back in the waiting room we not sat down with the rest of the squad. It seemed like forever. I didn't know how long it was but I was going for sitting to pacing the room back and forth. Other people, mainly cops, came in and out within the time. It felt like an eternity. All I could think of was Olivia.

"Barba sit down your making me dizzy watching you go back and forth." Amanda said with a slight glare. I went over to the nearest empty seat sitting down.

"Are we happy now detective." I asked sarcastically as I looked over to Amanda. She immediately gave me a glare, before you knew it we where both having a glaring contest in front of everyone in the waiting room.

It finally stopped when we both focused our vision on the doctor that finally came out of the operating room. He quickly stripped his scrubs off walking over towards us. I noticed that nick was the first to stand up, then the rest of us following after.

"Doc," Nick pleaded as we all crowd him.

"She's going to be fine, we where able to remove the bullet from her shoulder. She's lucky that the bully wasn't a few more centimeters over, other wise she wouldn't be alive. You all can see her in a little bit when they put her all set into a room. I'll have one of the nurses tell you when. The doctor said with a small smile on his face. We all thanked him before he walked away.

"Thank god!" Nick cheered as they all have each other hugs. I was sitting down In one of the chairs. Probably with one of the biggest smiles plastered onto my face. I was happy that everything went well, and ill be able to see Olivia again.

"God, stop that Barba your creeping me out." Amanda said as she gave a small shiver.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"She's talking about that creepy smile on your face." Fin answered. I quickly turned my smile into a slight frown. I noticed that everyone was staring at me. 'Does my smile really creep out people. This is why I never smile.'

"I don't know what you guys are talking about." I said adjusting myself in my seat.

"Sure you don't." Amanda said In her sarcastic tone.

"Come on guys leave Barba alone." Nick said. Amanda and Fin gave a deep sigh before going back to doing whatever they where doing before.

'Thank you.' I mouthed to nick across the room. He mouthed back 'No problem' with a smile on his face. it didn't take long for a tall 'well to me since i am already as short as can be.' young nurse to strode her way towards the waiting room. I noticed she was wearing light blue scrubs, and her blond hair was in a bun with a pencil sticking out of it. She looked as if she was in her mid twenties. She stood at the door way looking down at a clipboard she had in hand.

"Are you guys here for Olivia Benson?" We all quickly stood up from our seats walking over to the young nurse.

"Yes we are." Cragen said as she looked at all of us. Her eyes lingering a bit longer then usual on me. I gave a cough and she quickly snapped her attention back to the rest of the squad.

"Okey-Dokie she's currently in Room 1056C I'll take you guys if you'll only follow me." She quickly turned on her heals walking out of the waiting room as the rest of us tried catching up from behind. 'My short legs can only take me so far. I'm basically jogging.'

As we where walking I was locking at the numbers on the doors, and I noticed that we where getting closer and closer I could feel my hands starting to sweat. I was getting nervous , and I didn't know why. I'm about too see Olivia. Just a few more rooms down .

'Five'

'Four'

'Three'

'Two'

I took a deep breath as we reached the last door in the hall way room 1056C 'Olivia Benson.'

"okay here you are." The nurse said signaling us in to the room. Nick and Fin where the first to go in then followed by Cragen , and Amanda. I stood outside the door for a minute trying to recollect myself as I took one step into the door.

'One'

I stood next to Amanda facing everywhere else but Olivia. I didn't have the courage to look at her. I feel as like I failed her in someway. But I knew I had to look at her at some point. I put up my head and held it high as I looked at Olivia's face. I noticed right away there where a few cut's and bruises on her face. She was also wearing a sling on her left are where she was shot. She was staring right at me and gave me a smile. 'This made me ecstatic' gave her a smile letting it linger a bit before it faded of my face.

"So how you doing partner." Nick asked as he placed his hand gently on her uninjured shoulder.

"I'm doing okay just a bit sore, and exhausted." Olivia said in a low whisper.

"I'm glad to hear your doing alright." Nick said with a smile.

"Liv you know where here if you ever need to talk. Remember I'm always open to it." Cregan said his voice filled with sympathy.

"Thanks cap, and all of you for coming to visit me." Her eyes wondered about till they met mine. I gazed at her with a small smile. 'I just wanted to kiss and hug her tight.' But I knew I couldn't.

"Well since we know your okay I think we should let you rest." Amanda said. 'I really didn't want to leave I wanted to stay longer with Olivia.'

"You guys don't have to leave if you don't want to. I can rest later." She replied with a little yawn.

"That's our Que come on guys lets let her her her rest. We'll be back to see you tomorrow. Promise." Amanda quickly gathered us up basically dragging us out of the room, after we said our goodbyes. I looked back to Olivia she gave me a quick smile as we where finally out of the door.

'How will I see her now?'

[A/N]
I AM BACK!
[END]