Chapter One - Lovegood

-----

Mercury had fit in exceptionally well. She found a spot on the very top floor, in the corner, ontop of a bookcase that Luna claimed to have forgotten about. Luna had then dusted off an old cat bed that they owned, and placed it where Mercury preferred to nap. She purred her thanks and kept to her own.

Over the summer holidays, Freya's hair had grown quite long - it was now down to her waist, as was Luna's, as they both awoke to a surprisingly humid day.

"Tea?" Luna asks, combing her hair back into a scruffy ponytail.

"Always." Freya beams, ignoring her hair altogether.

Freya proceeded to follow Luna down the windy staircase, where Luna's father, Xenophilius Lovegood, was already awake and stirring his mug. When Freya first met him, she should have been stunned by his manner, but being friends with Luna for an entire year, she knew just what to expect.

Now, he sits in his favoured armchair, his eyes scanning over his latest copy of The Quibbler, his lips moving quickly with each word. Luna pours Freya a mug, adding the two sugars that she's grown to come attached to, as Freya watches Xenophilius continue to stir his mug of tea.

"Dad," Luna says quietly, knowing that his concentration on his work was terribly important. "Dad, your tea."

Xenophilius peeks up from his magazine and then down to his hand. "Oh!" He exclaims. "Silly me."

Freya sighs then, as Luna's father stands up, before placing his rather small mug into the sink. Today, he wears another particularly bizarre outfit, one of purple and yellow. Though they may clash on anyone, they appear striking on the man before her, his white hair hanging down roughly in front of his eyes, and his belt an assortment of buckles and talismans. Freya didn't fail to notice the same necklace that dangles around his skinny neck everyday, the triangle-eye clasped within a golden chain.

Luna hands Freya her tea, just as Luna approaches her father by the sink, whispering something in his ear.

"You're going to see them tomorrow anyway?" Xenophilius chuckles. "What's the rush?"

Freya frowns at the bizzare pair, curious of their bickering.

"Patience, Luna," Xenophilius continues, calming her down with a swift hand. "Tomorrow."

"Alright, dad." Luna pouts. "If you say so."

Luna sends Freya a grin, as she takes her hand in hers, nearly spilling her tea everywhere. Laughing the whole way, the two witches run hand-in-hand up the hill to the large oak tree that they've become accustomed to over the summer holidays. Freya had helped Luna build a shabby looking tire swing on one of its branches and it swings dangerously with each push.

"I still don't think we should be on this at all." Freya says, as she pushes Luna once more.

"And I have to remind you that it's all good fun," she laughs her reply, as she swoops up into air, the wind brushing back her locks. "Everything's fine."

"If you say so, Luna." Freya shrugs, finding her optimism positively contagious.

She pushes her a little more before they switch spots, Luna propelling her straight into the air, the warm wind combing her cheeks and the bright sun blinding her momentarily. They spent their time just lying there, in the grass, trading secrets and memories, lying side by side as the sun soared higher into the blue, blue sky.

"I know the real reason why we're up on this hill, once again." Luna teases, and Freya sits up, grass all in her hair.

"Oh yeah?"