Chapter 14: The Book Closet

Brooklynne's POV

Monday, September 19th

It's been a month and a half since school started. Blair and I have been getting really close over the past month. My birthday was August 22nd, and I turned 22. Blair brought me some coffee to celebrate my birthday. Molly and Tommy took me to a bar 2 nights before so we could get drunk and celebrate. These past few months have been really good. I've been trying to get rid of what I've been feeling for Blair but they're not going away.

Flashback
Saturday, August 20th

It's now midnight and I've had 3 drinks, 2 shots and smoked a whole joint. Molly and Tommy are only a little tipsy, as they're watching me to make sure I'm okay.

They just walked me out to Tommy's car and were now leaving. I can't stop thinking about Blair. I wish she was here with me, all the things we could do...

What am I thinking? This isn't okay. But I really want to see her. Hopefully finally get to kiss her, and maybe more...

"Guys.. where is my... phone?" I have a little trouble getting this sentence out, as I would really like to go to sleep.

"Here. What are you doing with it?" Tommy hands me my phone. I snatch it from him and ignore his question with a smirk. He shakes his head and laughs at me.

I grab my phone and go to Instagram to find Blair. It doesn't take me long considering that she's in my search history...

I click on her profile and the first picture to come up is a new one I haven't seen before. She posted it a few hours ago and my jaw dropped.

A picture of her standing up in the shortest shorts I've ever seen, a white crop top showing off her abs and way too much cleavage. I don't think a picture has ever made me wet...until now.

"Holy fuck," I said. They both turned around and asked me what. I showed them the picture and Molly snatched my phone out of my hands. Both of their jaws dropped.

"IS THAT BLAIR?!" Molly yelled. I nodded my head yes even though it was so hard for me to think right now. I can't get that picture out of my head.

"Holy shit." I think Molly could see how this was conflicting me. "Are you okay?" I just looked at her. There's no way to explain how I'm feeling. I can't justify being extremely turned on by an inappropriate photo of one of my students. I can't justify the things I feel when she walks through my classroom door in the morning and smiles at me. But if it's all so wrong, why does it feel so good?

I sat quietly in the backseat all the way to Molly's apartment. They walked me inside and we all went to sleep.

End Flashback

So yeah, that happened. I keep denying that I have feelings for Blair but I just don't think I can deny it anymore. She's in my dreams all the time, but we're doing a lot more than just talking in my classroom...

I'm not sure that she feels the same way and I don't want to ruin the friendship we've built over my feelings.

The bell is about to ring and Blair still hasn't came in yet. It sucks when she comes in late because I have to give her detention, but I also like giving her detention because it means we're hanging out together. Alone.

Ringgg

Detention for her when she walks in today. I start my lesson and a few minutes later she finally walks in. She looks over to me and smiles.

She's so cute.

Stop it. "Ms. Davis, you're late. Detention with me after school. I'll make sure your coach knows why you weren't at practice today." I internally smirk knowing that I've won. She isn't the type that enjoys missing practice. She looks to me with a devilish look and continues on to her seat.

———

Monday, September 19th
After School

I'm waiting for Blair to walk in for her detention. I'm excited that I'll finally be able to spend time and talk to her since it's been a few days. She finally knocks on the door before walking in. I see the big smile on her face before she shuts the door behind her. She walks over to me and I stand up. She wraps her arms around me and we stand there hugging for a minute or two. It's a thing we do now when we're alone. We hug to say hello and then again to say goodbye. It's my favorite part of the day.

I want to whisper and tell her I missed her but I'm not sure that it's the best idea. I'm trying to rid of my feelings and that may make it worse.

We step back and talk for a few minutes. She tells me about her weekend and vice versa. We eventually move on to grading papers while making small talk. Tomorrow in class we're starting a new book so we need to get them from the closet after we're done.

"Blair, will you help me get the books from the back closet? We're starting it tomorrow in class."

"Yeah of course." She follows me to the back of my classroom where I open the door and we walk in. I'm standing on a chair so I can hand her the books from the top shelf.

"So did you 'make sure to tell my coach why I wasn't at practice today'?" She mocks me from earlier in class. I laugh a little as I hand her the last two books off the shelf.

She helps me down from the chair. "Not yet, but I certainly plan on letting him know that his star player shows up late to my class all the time."

Her grey eyes turn a few shades darker as she walks closer to me. She grabs ahold of my hips and pushes me back into the bookshelf behind me. I visibly gulp as she pins my hands above my head. She's staring at my lips and I can't think straight.

"That would be a mistake," she whispers as she stares into my eyes. I want to kiss her so bad. I'm glancing back and forth between her eyes and her lips. It doesn't take long for her to finally lean in and press our lips together. I hesitate for a second to kiss her back but my body takes control. I skip my hands out from her hold. My hands make their way up to hold her face as I press my body into hers. She moves her lips down to suck on my neck. I let out a soft moan that brought me back to reality. I push her away from me. She stumbles back and looks to me confused. "What's wrong?"

I put my head in my hands. I can't believe I did that. "You need to leave," I whisper. I turn away from her, instantly regretting my decisions.

"Why? Are you okay?" She steps closer towards me as I move further away from her.

I hate that I have to do this to her. "No Blair, I'm not okay. This can't happen and you need to leave." I don't want to hurt her, but this can't happen. I need her to know it hurts me too.

"Then why'd you kiss me back?" I wish she could let this go. But I know she won't and I understand why. I don't want to let this go but someone needs to.

"Blair, stop. Please leave."

"Whatever," she angrily leaves the classroom, slamming the door. I slide down to sit on the floor and put my head in my hands.

What did I do?

———

Two chapters in one day! Hope you guys are still enjoying. Will try to post another update ASAP! :)