Chapter 13: Saturday

Blair's POV

Friday, August 12th

I hop in my truck and watch her pull away in my rear view mirror. I'm trying not to smile but I'm just too happy to not smile. Spending this night with going everywhere but nowhere at the same time, well it was the best night of my life. I truly mean that. She's so different from anyone I've ever met and I want to continue to get to know her. I take a peek at the pictures from the park before putting them away. They're very good pictures and I couldn't just let them get deleted.

We lost track of time and I didn't realize it was so late. It's now 3:00 am and I'm pulling into my driveway. I really hope my mother isn't awake cause she'll be pissed that I got home so late. I told Brooklynne that she doesn't care, and she doesn't. It wouldn't make a difference to her if I was dead or alive but if I come to her house in the middle of the night, she'll beat the shit out of me if she's awake.

I walk lightly up to the doorstep and unlock the door. All of the lights are off and I don't hear anyone. All of the sudden, the lights are on and there she is right in front of the stairs. "Do you think you're allowed to come home at 3:00 am? This is my house and you follow my rules bitch." I ignore her and make it to the first stair. My hair is yanked back and I'm now laying on my back on the ground. She starts kicking my right side over and over and over until I'm no longer moving. I watch her walk away to her room as everything fades to black...

---------

Saturday, August 13th

I wake up on the ground of the my "mother's" house. Her keys are gone so I'm alright for now. I have Saturday detention today so I need to try and stand up. I move to sit up and a sharp pain shoots through my right side. I fall back down and I'm unsure of how I'll get to detention. It takes me a few minutes, but I bite my tongue and make it off the ground. I check my phone to see what time it is.

9:43 am

Shit! I was supposed to be at Ms. Smith's classroom at 9:00 am. She gave me Saturday detention which isn't really like detention to me cause I get to spend it with her. I'm going to help her with grading and some things around the classroom. I make my way to my truck and immediately throw it in reverse. My head is pounding so I stop for some coffee at West's. We both had a late night so I decide to get Brooklynne's hazelnut latte for her. I make it to the school just a few minutes past 10:00 and try to hurry into her classroom. Knocking on the door, I'm immediately told to, "Come in."

There she is, sitting at her desk looking just as gorgeous as always. She looks relieved to see me and immediately makes her way over to me. "I'm so glad you're here, I was getting worried." I smile at her and hand her the latte. "Thank you Blair. You really didn't have to but I'm glad you did. I need this." She sips the latte and I make my way to a front desk, starting to grade some papers. After a little while, we decide it's time to organize the bookshelf. Brooklynne puts some music on and we start organizing. I look over and see her dancing to the song, I bump my hip into hers and she bumps me back. I bump her hip a little harder this time and she once again does the same thing. I immediately groan out in pain, I'm now clenching my right side as Brooklynne looks at me in terror. "Blair? Blair, are you okay? Shit I'm sorry I didn't even think I hit you that hard." She didn't hit me hard at all, the problem was that I was leaning against a cart so when she bumped my hip the second time, I hit my side on the cart.

"Yes yes I'm fine. You didn't hit me hard at all, I was leaning against the cart and hit my side on it. Ive got a.. bruise there..from.. from football." I could tell she wasn't buying the last part about getting it from football. She walks me over to her desk and I'm now leaning against that. She demands to see my side but I refuse. Her tone this time is deeper and I can tell she's not asking. While I stare in her eyes hoping she'll let it go, she sneaks her hands to lift up my shirt. My black and blue side is now on full display and she has that look of terror again mixed with concern.

"Blair what the hell happened? I just saw you last night which was less than 12 hours ago. Didn't go go straight home? I mean it was 3:00 am. Wait- you've had bruises and cuts before, right in the morning....your mom she's...oh my god tell me it's not her." I can't look at her anymore, she's so smart I didn't even need to tell her for her to figure it out. She lifts my chin up to look at her, "Blair tell me your mother didn't do this." I don't say anything but she knows the answer to her own question. She looks upset for me, you can see some tears welling up in her eyes as she lightly touches my side.

"Blair this isn't okay. I won't let you go back there. Not after this." She looks really worried. More worried than I am, but that's just because I'm used to this.

"It's okay, really." I mean it truly isn't but I'm not gonna tell her that. "I'm used to it. I'll be out of there soon anyways."

She still looks uneasy about it. "I don't know Blair...," I grab her hand and she looks up in me eyes. I squeeze her hand, reassuring her that everything is okay.

We spend a few more hours working around her classroom. Detention isn't normally this long, but this doesn't feel like detention so it's okay.

2:00 pm

The clock on the wall reads 2:00 pm. We both pack up our things before walking out to our cars.

"I really enjoyed today Blair," she smiles as I open her car door for her.

"Me too." I wave goodbye as she pulls out of the parking lot. She sends me one last smile before pulling out onto the main road.

Oh how I wish I could go with her..

———

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since I last updated. I stopped working on the book as I got busy. Here's Chapter 13 and hopefully I'll have another one out soon. Thanks for reading!