Chapter 12: A Night Out in the City

Brooklynne's POV

Friday, August 12th

"Everything."

My heart fluttered. I could feel the heat rise up to my cheeks. I was flattered, I want to know all about her as well. My anxiety inside me is screaming "Can you trust her?" I can't answer that question. Not yet. I want to trust her but I haven't even known her for 2 whole weeks. I feel like I can tell her things, I don't think she's only here for my looks but it's hard to tell anymore.

Does she really mean it?

I guess she saw me battling with myself and decided to ask the first question. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes I have a sister who's 14 and a brother who's 8." My siblings live with my grandparents but I'm going to go see them more often now.

"I bet they're great kids." She smiled at me. She's sweet.

"They are. Do you have any siblings?" She takes a sip of water and replies that she does not. We make some small talk about the game before our food comes. We eat our food which was very good. Like the gentlewoman she is, she paid for our dinner and we got up to leave. Molly came back and asked if we were done.

"Yes," I replied. What is she up to? We walk out of the restaurant and to my car.

"Great so I'm gonna go home with my boyfriend now. Bye guys!" She runs away to his truck and they're gone before we know it.

"Oh shit," I said. I shouldn't have said that in front of a student but I really shouldn't have gone to dinner with one either so...

"What? What's wrong?" Blair seemed confused.

"Molly took my car keys." Blair started laughing and I looked at her like she was crazy. "Why are you laughing? Now we're stuck here."

"She got a two person table for three of us, then randomly her boyfriend was there so she left us for dinner and now she left in a hurry with her car keys. She wanted us to be stuck together." What the hell. Why would she be doing that?

We get in my car since it's a convertible while I text Molly trying to get an answer. Nobody was picking up. I threw my phone. "Whatever I'm not even gonna try to call her. Bitch." This made Blair laugh.

Blair reached over me to the handle on my seat she put the back all the way down and proceeded to do the same to hers. "What are you doing?"

"Look up." I watched as she looked up at the sky and stared in awe at the stars above us. The sky was absolutely gorgeous tonight. There were so many stars and I can't describe the feeling I got sitting there looking at the sky with Blair.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Blair looking over at me. "It's beautiful," I said.

"Yeah it is," she replied never taking her eyes off me. She didn't know I could see her staring and I refused to look over at her. That wouldn't be good. We continued to stargaze before I turned onto my side in my seat and looked at her. Once she saw me, she turned to lay on her side as well and look at me. "What?"

"Let's play 21 questions," I said. I want to know more about her and she says she does about me so let's play a game.

"Okay you start," she responded with a smile.

I thought about my first question for a second. What should I ask her? "When's your birthday?"

"October 1st. I'll be 19." Wow that's less than two months away. She's only 3 years younger than me... "When your birthday?"