Chapter 24: New York City

Blair's POV

Saturday, November 19th
8:00 pm

We finally arrive at the airport after the long 8 hour ride. I gently shake Brooklynne to wake her up from her nap.

"Brook, wake up we're here." She lifts her head and looks around. She slightly smiles when she sees me. She slides my jacket off and puts it back in her bag. It wouldn't be good if someone saw her wearing my jacket.

We stand up and exit the plane. Walking through the airport with our bags, we finally arrive at a bus. There's a man in his late 20s there standing outside the bus.

"Hello students and teachers, my name is John Darr but you can call me Mr. Darr. I'll be the assistant/tour guide on your bus for the week. Please enter the bus and pick a seat for you and your partner."

Brooklynne and I are walking towards the bus and I can see this guy's eyes on Brooklynne. It's not like I have a right to be jealous but I don't like the way he's looking at her.

I follow Brooklynne onto the bus and of course she picks the first seat. I slide in first so I can have the window seat. After everyone gets in the bus, our tour guide follows abs of course he's in the seat right across from us. I look out the window and roll my eyes.

Just fucking great.

The bus starts moving and I hear him finally speak to her. "Hey. What's your name?" From the corner of my eye I see him hold out his hand to shake hers.

"Hi I'm Brooklynne Smith," she shakes his hand. "Nice to meet you Mr. Darr."

"You can call me John," he adds in a laugh at the end. This better be a short ride. I type in the address of the hotel and we're only 10 minutes away. This'll be the longest 10 minutes ever.

He makes small talk the whole ride, including plenty of jokes. She laughs at each joke like he's the funniest guy she's ever met. He's not even sitting in the seat how he should be. He's faced completely towards her in the aisle and his legs are almost touching the side of her legs. I can't wait to get off this bus.

Finally the bus stops and luckily John gets off first to which Brooklynne follows. Everyone else gets offf and heads inside but I stay waiting for Brooklynne.

"Hey Brooklynne it was really nice talking to you. I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner sometime this week."

Oh you're fucking kidding. He's known her like two minutes.

I look over and see she looks slightly hesitant but what pisses me off is that she seems to be considering it. "It was nice talking to you as well John. I'm not sure what this week will be like but here's my number and maybe we can make plans." She takes his phone and puts her number in it. "I'll see you later John." She waved goodbye to him and we finally start walking inside.

I can't even believe her, she gave him her phone number. To make plans. I don't have much of a right to be jealous because she's not mine but her behavior on the plane showed something completely different than the bus ride.

We got the keys and headed up the elevator quietly. On the outside, I was just silent but on the inside I was fuming. I keep having flashbacks to that night. The night that I made her mine in every way possible. I guess it didn't mean anything to her.

We walk down the hall to our room and she opens the door. We walk inside and there's a little kitchen off to the right. Beyond that is two queen sized bed before you reach the wall of windows. There's a tb on the wall above the dresser and a chair in the corner. The bathroom is on the left across from the kitchen. Brooklynne walks to the bed closest to the windows and puts her stuff down. I walk to the other bed and throw all my stuff on the bed.

"Hey Blair, we-" she begins speaking but stops when she sees I'm walking towards the door. I open the door when she yells "Blair!" I don't stay but instead slam the door behind me. I already texted Dean and got his hotel room number. Luckily he's on the same floor just the other end of the hall. I walk down to his room and knock. Shawn opens the door and lets me in. They have hip hop music blasting from a speaker on the dresser. They have a few beers sitting out so I walk over and grab one. I down it in a minute before grabbing another.

"Hey Blair, you okay?" They both ask me. I look at both of them and smile with a thumbs up. I walk over to sit next to Dean on his bed. I lean against his shoulder. "Hey babe are you sure you're okay?"

"Nope but I will be. You invite anyone else here tonight?" I take another sip of my beer.

"Yep we got a couple more people coming in a few minutes. They're bringing some more alcohol with then too." I know we aren't supposed to drink on this trip but we're teenagers who just want to enjoy a night in New York City.

———

It's a few hours later now and we've been having a lot of fun. I'm only tipsy, not drunk but I'm having a great time. It's about 11:00 pm now and Brooklynne's been calling me nonstop. I'm surprised she hasn't came down to Dean's room yet because she knows we're friends.

I ignore each of her calls and continue dancing around the room with my best friend. We're not supposed to leave the hotel without permission but we want to go explore the city. Shawn kicks everyone out of their room abs turns the music off. I know it's freezing outside so Dean gives me one of his hoodies to wear. "Let's go!" Shawn shouts to us. Shawn, Dean and I go down the elevator and leave the hotel.

None of us have ever been to New York so we don't know where we're going. It also doesn't help that we're all at least tipsy. We walk around for probably half an hour just enjoying the night. Eventually we stop and get some ice cream because I was hungry. We're right across from Times Square so we walk over and take a few pictures with our ice cream.

I look at my phone and see I now have 17 missed calls from Brooklynne and 6 texts.

9:03 pm
Brooklynne: Blair, where did you go?

9:35 pm
Brooklynne: Please answer the phone. I'm worried.

9:58 pm
Brooklynne: I'm not sure why you left but we should probably talk about it.

10:14 pm
Brooklynne: Please just come back and we'll talk.

10:36 pm
Brooklynne: Answer your fucking phone

11:03 pm
Brooklynne: Whatever

She stopped the calls about an hour ago. I assume she went to sleep because it's almost 1:00 am now. We decide we should go back to the hotel. We all head upstairs to their room. "Can I stay with you guys tonight? I don't wanna go back to my room." Dean gives me a worried look but accepts it.

"Of course you can babe." We walk inside and Shawn immediately crashes on his bed. We hear snores from him only a few minutes later. Dean and I get in his bed and he puts his arm around me. I lay my head on him and stare at the wall. Dean truly is like my brother. He's the only other person I fully trust aside from Lexi.

It doesn't take long before I fall asleep thinking about a beautiful woman down the hall who's gotta be pissed at me tomorrow morning.

———

4 chapters in one day :) enjoy