Chapter 15: Michelle

Blair's POV

Thursday, September 29th

I haven't spoke to Brooklynne since our kiss. She has ignored every attempt I've made to talk to her. Things haven't been going well between us. I saw her talking to Mr. North. They were much closer to each other than I had liked. After laughing with him in the hallway, she finally made eye contact with me for only a few seconds before turning back to him. So I decided that two can play this game.

I walked into school and found Michelle, a girl I used to mess around with. I wrapped my arm around her and walked her to class. She was very confused since we don't talk anymore, but I just told her I was making someone jealous and she agreed to play along. Luckily her class was right near Brooklynne's. We were outside of Michelle's class when I grabbed her hips and pulled her in. We kissed for a minute until I heard her speak.

"Ms. Davis, you know the rules. No PDA in the hallways. My class is about to start so unless you want a detention I suggest you go in." I'm not sure I'd ever seen that look before. She was trying to compose it and she did a pretty good job, but I could tell she was mad. Which is understandable, because she knows I did it just to piss her off.

But I wasn't done there.

So I kissed Michelle again before letting her walk in her class. I began walking down the hall, away from Brooklynne's class.

"Ms. Davis, your class is here," she yelled to me. I knew the only two teachers in the hall were her and Mr. North so I figured I'd take this further than I should. I raised my right hand and gave her the finger right before turning the corner to another hall.

The school called my house to let us know I would have a week's detention for skipping class and giving my teacher the middle finger. Mom heard the message too. Let's just say I have a few broken ribs and another black eye.

———

Friday, September 30th

I wasn't ready to see her today. I knew she'd be even more pissed now than ever. So as I walked into school, I mentally prepared myself to make no eye contact as I walked in her class. Both of my AirPods are in and I've been staring at the floor. I've reached the hall to her class. Unintentionally, I looked up and immediately into her eyes. She looked almost disappointed in me. I hate that look, especially from her. I walked right past her and back to my seat.

Her class was uneventful today. She managed to avoid talking to me the whole class. We made eye contact a few times, but each time she immediately looked away. I grabbed my bag and was about to leave, when someone lightly grabbed my wrist. It was her of course. "Detention with me after school, don't forget." Her look was soft, but stern. I just walked away without another look.

Lexi and I met up and decided it was time to go back to Josh's house. We came here last time before my detention, so I figured we should do it again. I'd really prefer to not deal with Brooklynne while I'm sober.

We pulled up and it looks the same as always. This time, we only smoked some weed. Nothing too hardcore today. It was almost time for detention and I was pretty gone. I drove us back to school and we parted ways for the day.

I knew I was already a few minutes late to detention but I didn't care. I'd get there whenever I could. Walking up to her closed door, I debated on knocking or not. Ultimately, I decided I would be polite and knock. "Come in," she said in her angelic tone. I could listen to her talk all day.

I turned the knock and walked inside. I stood there awkwardly for a second or two, unsure if I should close the door. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable or anything.  "Close the door," she finally said without looking up from her papers. "Sit," she motioned to the seats in the classroom. I opted for my normal seat in the very back.