Chapter 6: "What's your name?"

Brooklynne's POV

Monday, August 1st

Sitting patiently waiting for the brunette at my desk was not working well. I was getting very anxious. I didn't know how this would play out. She's definitely a bad girl whose flirty and interesting. I don't even know her name yet and I feel so interested in he-

My thoughts were cut short by a knock on the door.

Taking a deep breath, I say, "Come in."

She walks inside and looks at me but iced noticed that she has yet to look me directly in the eye for more than half a second. She closes the door and walks towards my desk.

"Take a seat."

She walks to the very back of the class and sits in the same seat as earlier. I stand up to walk towards her. I catch her checking me out again and I feel uncomfortable with her doing it again. It makes me upset when people check me out because of everyone in my past that used to do it. I'm not an object, I'm a person and I wish people would see me for me instead of how I look.

I stare at her thinking of what to say and also seeing if she would say anything. The classroom is completely silent and I can tell she is on edge about something.

"Why?"

That's the only thing I could think to ask her. I need to know why. Why about everything. I just need to know more.

She quickly snaps out of her thoughts and looks up to my face for a quick second before looking away.

I could tell she was thinking about how to respond.

"I woke up late."

I got a little mad at her response. Seriously? She thinks that's an excuse for her behavior? I know there's something more going on.

"That's not a good enough excuse. It also doesn't explain why you cussed at me."

She shrugs her shoulders and tells me, "I cuss at everyone."

This makes me even angrier. She is really testing my patience.

"Do you have to be so difficult?? You already have detention for the rest of the week, do you really want more??"

She started to tap her fingers and legs harder. I figured she was just anxious before but this must be something else. Something is bothering her.

"I don't care what you do."

This confuses me a lot more. I know she can see the confused look on my face. What kid doesn't care about being punished? Or being punished more? Most kids would be afraid of getting in trouble with their parents.

Her tapping is getting out of control. Without thinking, I place my hands over hers so she stops. She stops tapping and freezes.

"Why? Why don't you care if I give you more of a punishment? And damn why the hell are you so hyper?"

I say this sympathetically because I know she's struggling and getting mad will only make this worse. For the first time, she looks directly into my eyes and I look right back. I know she's looking at my eye color and she's in awe. I look into her eyes for a split second, seeing two stormy grey eyes but something else catches my attention.

I look down to her nose and see some white powder around her right nostril. This confuses me extremely. Was she doing drugs??

The smart brunette in front of me notices my look and looks away. I attempt to grab her chin and turn her face towards me but fail.

"Let me see your face."

She quickly grabs her bag and bolts for the door to leave.

The only sound heard in the class is the loud clicking of my heels. I catch up to her and grab her wrist hard to turn her around. She stumbles as I pull her back to me. Our bodies are so close right now and if anyone were to come in right now this would look very wrong. It looks wrong but it doesn't feel sexual, I'm truly concerned about her.

I turn us to the right and her body is trapped between mine and the wall. She turns her head to avoid looking at me but I grab her chin once again and make her look me in the eye.

I look into her eyes and just as I expected, her pupils are dilated. I look down to her nose again and as I thought, there is white powder there.

I bring my finger up to her face and wipe the powder of her nose. She looks defeated. She knew this wasn't good for her.

"Are you high?"

I wasn't screaming because we were too close for that. I raised my voice a little higher than normal.

She gives me a "fuck" look before nodding her head yes.

I bring my hand up to my hair and run it through it.

She watches me the whole time as I do this. She looks like she doesn't know what to say.

"What is it?" She looks at me and says nothing. "Some type of pill?" She shakes her head no. "Cocaine?" She just looks at me and stays silent. The look on her face tells me i'm right. "Why? You're in school, do you know how much trouble you can get in for that?"

It's a question that I need answers to. She gives me a bit of a confused look. "I wasn't doing drugs at school. I had lunch and study hall and we left-"

We? Did she say we? I cut her off, "Who is we?"

Her eyes widened and her look now was the same as when I asked if she was high.

"Just me and 2 of my friends." Her voice is calm despite her look from before.

"Do I know either of these people?" Technically i'm supposed to report this but i'm not sure if I can do that to her. She looks so broken.

She doesn't respond to the question. Instead she puts her hands on my hips and flips us around so i'm pushed against the wall.

What. The. Fuck.

I gasp at this and she is pleased with my reaction. She has a wide smirk on her face as she leans into my ear and whispers, "I'm none of you're business Ms. Smith. Keep yourself away from me before you get hurt." Her hot breath tingles my ear and as she pulls her face away the smirk appears again when she sees the shock spread across my face.

Shit.

She begins to walk away when I pull her back, hard, to me. She stumbles again before I ask her the one question I need to know. "What's your name?"

Again her signature smirk appears as she tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Blair."

Hey. I'm working really hard to get these chapters written and posted for you guys. Feedback is appreciated. Please share. Thanks for reading. :)