Chapter 26: Making Up

Brooklynne's POV

Monday, November 21st

7:22 am

I didn't sleep much last night. I'm not sure what I did to upset her. I thought we were fine in the elevator but then she just left. John was being weird yesterday just showing up at our door like that. I was scared that he would try to come back after she left so I texted her saying I wanted her to come back because I was scared but she never did.

Even though I was drunk last night, I remember everything that happened. My favorite part of the night being our moment in the elevator. I wish it could've continued once we got back to our room but it didn't.

I'm staring at the ceiling when I hear a key card in the door. Blair barges inside yelling my name. I sit up and widen my eyes at her. "Blair why the fuck are you yelling?"

She closes the door and walks over to me. "You texted me last night and said you were scared. I didn't see them until a few minutes ago but I needed to know that you're okay."

I smile because of his caring she is. "Yeah I'm okay. I was just scared last night that he would come back after you left."

"Why? I thought you liked him?" She crossed her arms.

"What?" I laugh out loud. "Blair you're kidding right?" I stand up and cross my arms in front of her.

"No. You two seemed pretty friendly on all the trips. Haven't you been texting him?"

I scoff. "Blair what the fuck are you talking about? Yeah he's obviously interested in me but I was just being nice. And no he's tried texting me to make plans but I haven't responded. Here look for yourself." She pulls up the texts from him and there's a few but she hasn't responded to any.

"You gave him your number."

"To be nice Blair. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I let him have my number to text me later. I didn't want to shut him down in front of all the students so I figured I could do it later over text. Is that why you started acting weird after the plane ride?"

She looks down to the ground and then over to the wall. Holy shit.

"You were jealous."

She snaps her head towards me. She doesn't say a word but instead looks at me.

"Wait so you've been avoiding me this whole trip because you thought I was interested in him?"

"Well yeah you were laughing with him the whole bus ride here and didn't say a word to me. Then you both were on your phones laughing and texting in Times Square yesterday."

That's why she was looking at me and then him.

I laughed yet again. "Blair I was texting Molly and Tommy. I was waiting until we got back to our room the other day because I wanted to talk about us but you left and didn't come back. Instead you went with Dean. If anyone should be mad here it should be me. You walked out and spent the night in A BOY's room which is not allowed by the way and then you come down the next morning wearing his clothes and ignore me for the rest of the day," I finish with a sigh.

This time she laughs. "You were jealous."

I cross my arms, "Yeah I was fucking jealous, okay?"

"Brooklynne we need to start being honest with each other and talking. Look, I got jealous yesterday when I saw you with that guy so I left and stayed with my other best friend. You don't need to be jealous, okay? Dean is gay and has a boyfriend. He only let me borrow some clothes because I didn't want to come back here and face you. Not sure if you know this but I don't even like guys, like at all. And I only have my eye on one girl and she knows who she is," she winks at me. "Yes you goof it's you. You really hurt me that day when I left but you're still always on my mind. I know you're scared and I respect it but just know that I'm not giving up on you. You will be mine Ms. Brooklynne Smith."

I smile and sit down on the bed. "Yes Blair I admit I was jealous because I thought you could've had something going on with Dean but I believe you. You also know I don't like guys right? I was hoping we could make up and I would text him and say I have a girlfriend but that didn't happen," we both laugh. "I'm so sorry Blair about that morning. You're right, I got scared because of the risks and I took it out on you. I said some hurtful things that I didn't mean. I know you wouldn't try and use it against me. I do figure though that you've told Lexi which is understandable and I'll forgive you for. Look Blair, I really like you but I'm just so scared about someone finding out."

She kneels down in front of me and takes my hands in hers. "But they won't baby because we'll be careful. I won't let you slip away again. Will you go on a date with me Ms. Brooklynne Smith?"

"Yes of course I will." She leans down and kisses me. I place my hands on the sides of her face and refuse to let go.

———