Chapter 11: Dinner

Blair's POV

Friday, August 12th

The past couple days have been crazy. I've got to learn so much about Brooklynne and even got to meet her best friend. She seems to really care about me. I loved how everything was going between us.

It's now Friday and we have our first football game tonight. The whole school is excited to see us play. Football is a big thing at our school.

Lexi and I decided to meet up at this little restaurant so we could eat lunch together. I walk inside and she waved me over to a small table in the back corner.

"Hey babe what's up? I haven't seen you in a few days."

It's true. Lexi has been out of town since Sunday. Not much has happened except for me basically drooling over Ms. Smith every 5 seconds. I haven't told her about my crush or that we've gotten so close. I want to keep it to myself for right now.

"Not much just football and school. How about you?" We talked for the rest of the time until our lunch break was almost over. "C'mon i'll take you back to school."

———

Game time. Our coach is running over the last few things but i'm not paying attention. Something caught my eye. Or should I say, someone caught my eye. And it just so happens that she's staring right back at me. I really like her a lot but I know she won't like me back. She probably just sees me as a kid even though I'm almost 19.

The game went well. 42-14. I had three touchdowns this game which is my personal best. I caught Ms. Smith looking at me a lot but that's not surprising. I've been looking at her every change I have. Like right now as I make my way to the locker room. I tell her to wait for me so I can talk to her after the game. Not about anything in specific, I just want to talk to her.

After my quick shower, I got dressed, threw my gear in my bag and ran out of the locker room. When I arrived outside, I hoped to see her still there and to my luck, she still was. I ran up to them and stopped right in front of Ms. Smith. We both smiled at each other and I said, "Hey."

"Hey," she replied back. We weren't paying attention to Moll so eventually she clapped her hands to get us to stop looking at each other.

"Great so now that she's here, Blair, Ms. Smith here wanted to know if you'd like to go hang out with us tonight." I looked to Brooklynne and her eyes widened.

"No, I never said that!"

"Yes you did!" Molly replied.

"No," Brooklynne seemed a little embarrassed.

"Hey!" They both stopped and looked at me. "I would love too. What are we doing?"

Brooklynne' eyes lit up, "Really?!" I nodded my head yes. Of course I'd want to hang out with them. Why would I ever say no?

"Great we're going to a restaurant downtown for dinner," Molly replied.

"Cool lets go," I said. We decided to take Brooklynne's car and we'd come back for my truck after. I was really excited to hang out with them, especially Brooklynne. We made it to the restaurant and got out to go eat. The door was kinda crowded so I gently put my hands on Brooklynne's waist to help guide her through. She shivered when my hands touched her but she didn't remove them. When we got to the table, it was only a two person table and Brooklynne and I were confused.

"Hey look there's my boyfriend. So weird that he'd be here, well you two enjoy I'm gonna go with him." She scurried away before we could say anything. We were extremely confused but just went along with it. I pulled out her chair for her to sit and she thanked me.

"I assume she planned this?" I said to Brooklynne. She said she didn't know why but whatever. We ordered our dinner and talked while we waited.

"Tell me more about yourself," I told her and I sipped my water.

"What would you like to know?"

I told her dead in the eye and told her the truth, "Everything."

Sorry this took me so long. I've been switching up some of the things in this book so if you've read it before I made them, you might want to re-read to see the changes. Thanks for reading!