a) Chapter 2

Stop overthinking. He could really use some help, plus the school wouldn't mind in this type of scenario. I thought to myself. So I went over to help the boy.

As soon as I got to the boy, he was looking better but still couldn't get up.

I held out my hand.

"Here, let me help you."

He looked up at me.

He had bright brown eyes that sparkled in a milky brown color, and a nice tan complexion, and dark brown hair that just sprawled out but somehow in a neat way. He had a somewhat big nose that went with his big eyes and barely noticeable pink cheeks.

After snapping out of my studying stage, he took my hand and I helped him up. He wasn't that heavy but it was still difficult to get him off the ground. People were already leaving and I could tell I was gonna be missing class, but I was okay with it.

"Thank you." I heard him say.

I just nodded and smiled.

We were already making our way to the office ever so slowly, but it was really awkward helping him out because I didn't want to make him uncomfortable but it defeated the whole purpose of helping him out if I couldn't do it properly.

"Is it alright if I put your arm around my shoulder?" I asked awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah sure" He responded back, not really disturbed.

I lifted his arm around my shoulder and instead of putting my arm around his back to support him even more, I just left it as that. We unwieldy made our way to the school nurse's office. I greeted the nurse and she nodded her head towards a room, signally that we could go in. I helped him sit down on the bed and before anything could get any more awkward, the nurse came in.

"Hello! Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I think I just sprained my ankle." The other boy said.

"Oh dear, can I take a look at it?"

"Yeah." He responded carefully and slow, probably scared it'll hurt.

The nurse was about to check his ankle but then she turned to me and said, "Your friend will be alright so you can get a slip from the office and head to class."

"Oh, okay, thank you!" I said and started making my awkward exit out the door.

"You're welcome!"

Before I was out the door, the boy stopped me.

"Wait! What's your name?" He shouted but wasn't being rude.

I was surprised that he would even care.

I turned to him and smiled.

"My name is Darryl."

He paused for a few moments before responding back.

"I'm Zak, thank you for helping me." He said sheepishly but making eye contact with me.

"You're welcome, Zak!" And with that, I walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~

I made it to English class, I walked inside and handed my teacher my slip. I started walking to the back when I noticed Nick was in my class. I made eye contact with Nick and he gave me the "Where were you" look. I sat down behind him and leaned forward as he leaned back to listen to what I had to say.

"I was helping out this boy that fell down the stairs," I told him.

"Oh gosh, is he alright?" He asked.

"I think so."

After that, we were quiet the rest of the period, paying attention to the rest of the class.