Chapter 8

Zak's POV

*BANG*

I smashed my fists down onto the bathroom sink.

Why the H*LL did I try to kiss him?! Why did I try to kiss him?! I've known him for two days, you stupid b*tch!... F*CK!

I hit my hand on the sink again. It was already starting to bruise and it really hurt but nothing could describe my frustration.

And then Vurb had to walk in on us, he's such an as*hole! He's probably gonna tell Zelk and Zelk will tell Mega and then so on and then everyone will know...

It was stupid of me to do it in the lunchroom. I'm so stupid! I was so lost that I didn't even think about our surroundings or how people would notice.

I started to tug and pull my hair through stress. I was scared about what would go around, I hated rumors, I hated drama, I hated everything that RUINS everything!

I was about ready to cry when I heard someone open the door, I quickly reacted and pretended to be washing my hands. I faced my head down and didn't look up. I felt a hand on my shoulder though, I flinched at the unexpected touch. They turned me so I would face them. It was Bad...

I brushed off his hand and backed away, I looked down in shame. I folded my arms in discomfort with myself.

"Are you...okay?" I didn't have to look up to know that he was starring at me with guilty eyes.

...

"No," I said after a long silence.

"I can-"

"I'm sorry, Darryl." I finally had enough courage to look at him. I saw that he wanted to say something but he wanted me to continue first.

"I'm sorry I acted that way, I shouldn't have. It wasn't appropriate..."

I didn't want to fully admit that I wanted to kiss him but the least I could do was apologize.

I was surrounded by a warm hug, I was melting into it but my arms were still folded under his hug. I got more comfortable and readjusted my head like a cat when they rub on your legs 'cause they like you and wrapped my arms around him to be even more comfortable. I felt him struggle to put his head on mine because he was only a little bit taller than me.

"I forgive you." He whispered to me.

I wanted to stay like that for a little longer, maybe fall into him because the hug was so welcoming, but I was afraid someone would walk in. I pulled away slowly and he wiped the hair away from my face.

"You ready for Spanish?" He asked excitingly all of a sudden.

"Oh! I forgot we had that together!" I was excited that I didn't have to leave him just yet.

"We should go now then," Bad said.

"Umm, we should fix THIS first..." I held up my fists.

"Fix what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you're alright?" He held my arms up to study my hands.

"Yes, I promise I'm fine." I slowly retracted my arms so I didn't hurt myself or seem rude.

"You say that quite a lot... Should I be worried in the future if you ever say that again?"

"No, because I actually mean it. Sure I hurt my fists and probably bruised them but they don't hurt THAT bad."

"Alright then."