b) Chapter 4

Darryl's POV

I walked into the Spanish class but saw no one in particular that looked familiar until I saw one boy that did but I didn't know why. I walked around the room slowly and awkwardly, I didn't know where to sit. Most of the people I saw had friends with them or were occupied with something they were doing. I decided my best choice was to sit with the boy that looked somewhat familiar, plus, I could make a new friend. I walked over to him and asked, "Is it alright if I sit next to you?"

"Sure," He answered kinda short with me. He also seemed intimidating if I'm being honest.

"I'm Darryl!" I said, hoping to get to know him.

"I'm Zak."

It was awkward after that but while it was silent, it clicked in my head where I knew him from. He was the boy that fell down the stairs. I unnoticeable took a look at his ankle and I saw an elastic brace on his right foot. He had fluffy brown hair and milky brown eyes. He also had a nice tan complexion. While I wandered off I eventually noticed the tension as it grew stronger. I finally decided to start off a conversation the same way I did with Alex.

"What got you interested in learning Spanish?" He seemed surprised by the sudden question. He looked at me and then looked like he was genuinely thinking about the question.

"Um, honestly I just wanted to learn something new and I felt like a new language would be pretty cool." There was a pause after he spoke.

"How about you?" He smiled at me a little but didn't show any teeth.

"Oh well, I kinda thought the same thing as you but I also wanted more of an opportunity to speak with other people."

"Oh cool."

There was another dreadful silence.

"Um, just curious 'cause sometimes they mix it up but, what grade are you in?" I gawkily chuckled to myself.

"I'm in my Sophomore year."

"Oh wow, I expected you to be in your Freshman year!"

He had an offended look on his face, but I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

"Wow, thanks~," He said sarcastically.

"Oh! I didn't mean it in an offensive way, I'm sorry," I panicked and stammered over my words.

"Hmph, you don't mean it" He folded his arms and faced away from me, holding his head up high. Now it looked like he was just being childish, but honestly, I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that, you're just short and-"

He interrupted me. "Oh, wow, you're really good at this!" He said, but his voice cracked and now it was even harder to take him seriously.

I groaned to myself in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry~," I said tiredly, annoyed of myself.

He turned to me and stuck out his bottom lip, trying to look grumpy I guess? He then smiled at me and then laughed.

"You're so easy to tease!" He then started laughing at me. My face grew pink with humiliation.

"Oh my goodness."

"Oh my goodness~" He mocked me.

I then growled at him, but more to myself, honestly.

He mocked me again. We then started going back and forth on who should stop first.

"Oh my gosh, you're such a muffinhead!" I blurted out.

"Haha! Muffinhead?! What do you mean?!" He was now laughing so hard to the point where he couldn't control himself. All I did was glare at him, annoyed. I then hid my face in my arms and laid on the table. I was so embarrassed, I was being made fun of! I then felt something tapping my shoulder repetitively, I only groaned back and shrugged him off while I tucked my head down even more.