b) Chapter 24

Darryl's POV

When we got to the house, I ran to the door and opened it in a rush. Everyone was sitting in a circle on the ground looking at me.

"Is everyone okay? I saw Vurb's car rushing out of the neighborhood." I said in a rushed voice but no one could really tell.

"Zak got ran to the hospital, he only wanted Vurb to go so he drove him there!" Zelk said.

"What happened?!" I said with distress, Sapnap came by my side and put a hand on my shoulder.

"He fell down the stairs," Zelk answered.

I raked my face with my hand, I can't believe how... STUPID! No. How CLUMSY HE IS! I let out a big groan.

"...I'm going to go to the hospital," I stated.

Sapnap stared at me with surprised eyes but I walked out. I got in my car and drove to the hospital, It was awful having to wait until I got there not knowing much. The world was happy, calm, beautiful, completely unaware of my situation like it was taunting me. It was a silent drive there, but the silence was killing me.

I think I'm being dramatic, the boy literally fell down the stairs... But it was bad enough where he had to be rushed to the hospital.

I arrived in the parking lot when I got a text from Vurb.

Vurb
_______________________________

Today 9:39 PM

They wont let you in unless you say youre his boyfriend

Why?!

Because they wont let you visit at this hour unless youre family married or dating and whatever

Okay...
Read

_______________________________

I got out of the car and fast-walked to the building. I walked up to the front desk and a nice old lady helped me out.

"How can I help you?" She asked kindly.

"Um... I'm here to visit Zak Ahmed."

She didn't look like she was doing anything so I added on.

"Um. He's my boyfriend..." I felt embarrassed when the woman gave me an odd look but she looked him up anyway. I felt awful lying, like a pit in my stomach that couldn't be fixed unless I told the truth.

I guess he is my friend that's a boy so... boyfriend. It's not lying... really.

The lady handed me a piece of paper and told me the room number. I got in an elevator to the second floor and took a left. I looked at the room numbers when I got closer to his number, I didn't let myself rest until I saw him.

I saw his room and took a deep breath. I knocked on the door.

I don't know what I was expecting but I forgot that Vurb was here when he answered the door. He smiled softly then moved out of the way, I saw Skeppy laying in a bed, cast on his left leg but nothing else.

"Geppy!" I almost started crying. I ran beside him and held his hand, he started laughing weakly, but then he grew louder and louder.