Handing Tyler Over

Chapter Eleven

I was still at this barbecue with Bonnie at the school. It was now late at night and Bonnie was ready to go so I was going to go with her. "Georgie!" I heard someone yell. I looked over my shoulder to see Damon running towards me.

"Hey," I greeted when he reached me.

"I'm so, so sorry. Your my friend and I care about you. I had no right trying to kiss you. I'm evil and a dick for trying to break you and Tyler up, indirectly so to speak since I knew you were too good of a person to not tell him if I kissed you and he was idiotic enough to say things that would make you break up with him," Damon ranted.

"I just want my best friend back," he said.

"I'll leave you guys alone to talk," Bonnie said, shooting me the 'you need to explain later' look. I nodded and gave her a smile before hugging Damon tightly. "I missed you. How have you been? What's going on? I know you've been busy," I rushed out.

"No time to make up. Rose is missing, Liz just called. We have to go meet her. She's here somewhere," Damon told me. I nodded and grabbed his hand, letting him drag me around to wherever Liz said to meet her.

"Hi," Damon breathed when we met with her.

"Thanks for coming so quickly," Liz replied, giving me a small nod in greeting.

"I was close by. Liz, what happened?"

"A vampire. Luckily, one of my deputies discovered the body before anyone saw him," Liz explained the situaion.

"We have to secure the area, then."

"Don't cause a panic, but move this party into the cafeteria," Liz ordered two deputies behind Damon and I. "I'll take the east side. You guys go west?"

"Sure," Damon replied.

"Okay," I added. We split up and Damon and I raced off. We found Elena by her car and we approached her. I had no idea what was going on. All that Damon has told me was that Rose was missing. And there was a dead body, cause of a vampire. Putting two and two together, Rose killed the guy so she's here. Now we need to find her.

"Hey Georgie. Damon, have you heard from him? Do you know what he's up to?" Elena asked, walking over to us. I'm going to guess they got here together because last I checked Elena was on babysitting duty, over Rose, who got out. Now Damon and I were to look for her. But Elena seemed to be talking about someone else, Stefan no doubt.

"My baby brother's not exactly my priority right now. Here, take this," Damon said, handing her a stake. "Come on, let's go," he said, grabbing her arm and tugging both of us along with him.

Damon soon ran from us after a few moments. Elena and I ran to keep up but stayed at distance when we saw the scene. Rose was biting into some blonde girl. "Rose, stop!" Damon ordered, standing a few feet behind her.

She lunged at him but he easily had her pinned to the ground. "Rose. Rose. It's me. It's Damon," he told her. "It's Damon. It's Damon."

Elena grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to them. "It's Damon," Damon whispered once more and soon Elena and I were close enough to see she had calmed down, her face no longer vamped out.

Rose sat up a bit with Damon still on top of her. "Did I do this?" Rose cried. "Oh my god. I didn't mean to hurt anybody. I never wanted to hurt anybody."

"I know. I know. I know," Damon said.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Rose said looking at Elena.