Awakening Elijah

Chapter Seventeen

I spent all night tossing and turning, tossing and turning. All I could think about was whether or not Tyler had read my text or not. For the millionth time, I grabbed my phone and checked to see if there were any messages, none. I groaned and slowly slipped out of Damon's arms. I removed the covers off my body and got out of bed. I could not sleep at all.

I headed downstairs with my phone in hand, heading towards the kitchen. As I was making myself some hot chocolate, my phone finally buzzed. Nearly, spilling the hot substance, I grabbed my phone off the countertop and saw I had a message...from Elena. What was she doing up? I sighed and opened the text, "You're probably sleep by now. And when you read this it'll be morning and I would have already done this. I have a plan and it involves Elijah. I undaggered him because I need answers. Please keep Damon and Stefan occupied so I can talk to him. Thanks."

What?! She undaggered Elijah? No fucking way! I immediately ran downstairs into the cellar and thankfully Elena was still there and Elijah was on the floor still gray and wrinkly. "What the hell are you doing?" I whispered, sitting next to her on the floor, our backs to the wall.

"Georgie? What are you doing up?" She croaked out, her voice sounding hoarse. Someone was tired.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Oh."

"I just read your text. Now explain. "

"We need to kill Klaus and I'm not allowing Bonnie to die for me. Elijah has another way, we need his help," she stated and I sighed.

"Fine, I'm on your side. How long ago did you undagger him?"

"Right after Stefan was alseep. It's been about two hours."

"Well, I guess we just have to wait," I shrugged and she nodded, playing with the dagger in her hand.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" She asked.

"Honestly, I can't stop thinking about Tyler. Matt and I were talking about him earlier and I sent Ty a text. He called me afterwards and I just broke down. I miss him so much," I said softly.

"I'm sorry," she frowned, wrapping an arm around me.

"He said I love you and then hung up, that's how the phone call ended. Well a few hours ago I sent him a text saying that I love him too. And well, I've been waiting for a text or call, anything to let me know he saw the message," I sighed.

"This has to be hard on you."

"It is. I'm in love with a guy who may or may not have feelings for one of my best friend. A guy who has now cheated on me twice, technically. When he left for Florida he took my heart with him and I don't think I'm ever getting that back," I admitted and she gave me a sad smile, wiping the stray tear that fell from my eye.

We sat in silence for a bit, lost in our own thoughts when suddenly a loud gasp filled the room. We looked at Elijah and heard him groan as he began to have some type of spasm in all of his limbs. "Elijah," Elena called, rushing to his side.

"Elijah," I whispered, crouched down beside him too.

"Katerina," he said, a deep accent coating his voice as he addressed Elena, not taking his eyes off her. He obviously thought she was Katherine.

"Elijah. It's me. It's Elena," Elena whispered, trying to explain as he seemed to be zoning out as he took deep breaths.

"Please," he gasped out, not getting out another word besides that as he seemed to be having diffulcuty to control his breathing.