Picnic for the New Park

Chapter Six

I stood with Stefan as we were at the picnic that was going on. Stefan literally just filled me in on his complicated issues. Katherine is still in town of course and has decided to come between him and Elena. She has Caroline spying on them so the two devised a plan to pretend to be fighting.

After he told me about that I told him about Damon and Mason's break through. They're going to be trying to kill each other nonstop. Now Stefan and I stared at Mason from afar. "I need to talk to him," Stefan said and I sighed.

"Well, let's go," I said and he nodded. We walked from the park area to Mason who loading or maybe unloading things out of his truck. Mason looked over at us as we approached. I stood practically behind Stefan, holding onto his arm. "Stefan right? The other Salvatore," Mason guessed.

Stefan leaned against the truck and replied, "The nice one." He pulled me to the side of him and kept an arm over my shoulder. It made me feel safe but I still was uncomfortable being this close to Mason.

"Hmm," Mason hummed.

"The one offering an apology," Stefan said.

"Not interested."

"Look, my brother acted impulsively."

"You think?"

"You and Damon keep at each other's throats somebody innocent is gonna get hurt. I don't want that," Stefan stated. "You have family here, so I can't imagine you'd want that either."

"So, what do you say we just, uh, quit the whole alpha-male fighting thing and just call it a truce?" Stefan offered.

"I made that same offer to your brother," Mason replied. "He turned it down, with a knife."

"He made a mistake," Stefan shrugged. "And I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one."

"Tell your brother to watch his back," Mason said, grabbing a box out his truck and walking right past us, bumping into my shoulder. Ow! Hello?! Person standing there asshole!

Stefan's arm dissapeared from around me and he grabbed Mason by his arm. "I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise, you're not as strong. Am I right?" Stefan questioned. Go Steffy! You tell this mutt!

"Or you would have killed Damon by now," Stefan finished. "There's one of you, there's two of us. I think you're the one that needs to watch his back."

Mason's jaw clenched and he practically rolled his eyes. "If he come at me-" Mason began.

"He won't," Stefan and I both stated. We shared a look and I smirked at Stefan. We were both going to keep Damon from going after Mason again. We were just going to have to forget about this werewolf thing until Mason leaves and then no more wolves at all.

Stefan outstretched his hand and I watched as Mason hesitantly placed his hand in Stefan's. I practically sighed in relief. Mason then took a few steps back, walking backwards. He then turned around slowly and walked off. "What are you guys doing?" Someone asked, their mouth very close to my ear. Damon.

"Negotiating on your behalf," Stefan answered.

"But I don't want peace," Damon complained and Stefan and I both turned around to face him. I pushed Damon back a few steps so my face wasn't in contact with his chest. "Well, consider it Opposie Day," I told Damon, who scowled at me.

"Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved out problem," Damon said, ignoring me and walking around Stefan who turned his back to Damon again. Damon now stood infront of his younger brother with his hands on Stefan's shoulders.