Another Decade Dance

Chapter Sixteen

Elena and I headed to the front door, of our house. We just finished signing the deed to the house with some guy. Bonnie was here with us and we explained what was going on, why we were getting the house.

"Thank you, Mr. Henry," Elena said, shaking his hand while I held open the door, revealing the two Salvatore brothers. I smiled and waved cutely at them two. Stefan gave me a small grin while Damon rolled his eyes with his lips twitching upwards.

Last night, he came back to bed while I was already sleeping. This morning we didn't talk much. There wasn't much left to say. We knew an us wouldn't happen. We weren't into each other like that, we have no idea why we've felt the need to kiss each other though. And I could care less now. We were done with the kissing. I wasn't going to kiss him again and if he ever kissed me again, well I'd force myself to pull away.

Damon is not the guy I want to be with, Tyler is. I love Damon, as a best friend. He's a good kisser. He's not a bad guy, but we weren't meant to be. At least not now. Because after some real thinking about Damon and I dating, I realized it'd be wrong. And uncomfortable. We acted like friends with each other. Neither of us knew how to be all lovey dovey. We didn't feel that type of affection for each other.

Now all that's left is talking this out with Damon, actually talking it out. Not us both admitting that an 'us' can't happen. I snapped back into reality when Elena elbowed me. I shook hands with Mr. Henry next and he then walking out the door, squeezing past Damon as both brothers came to walk inside the house while Elena was already turning to go back into the living room. All three were idiots, just wait for it.

I watched as the brothers ran into the barrier. Both realizing what just happened. I smirked and leaned against the door, seeing Elena turn to see them stuck outside. She forgot to, the shock on her face showed that. She waltzed up to my side and smiled at me. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot," Elena told the boys.

"Georgie didn't," Damon smiled forcefully and I gave him a smirk.

"Stefan. Would you like to come inside our house?" Elena asked her boyfriend, smiling frlitaciously. I gagged and watched Stefan wink at me before facing Elena. "I would love to," he answered her, "Thank you."

"Well, what are we, 12?" Damon asked looking at Elena. She scoffed and I rolled my eyes at them two. Stefan smiling in amusement as he stood behind us both.

"One of us is," Elena retorted. "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owners of this house?"

"No," Damon said like it was obvious and I giggled. I nodded at Stefan and he grabbed Elena's hand, tugging her away. As Elena protested, Stefan muttered, "Georgie's got it."

Once they were gone, I smirked at the blue eyed vampire. "Are you gonna let me in beautiful?" Damon smirked flirtactiously himself, leaning against the door frame.

"Of couse, hot stuff. Will you come in, Damon, pretty please?" I pouted cutely.

"I will come in, as soon as you move," he smirked, cockily. I scoffed and punched his arm as he stepped in. I shut the door and then grabbed his hand before he could join everyone else in the living room. I dragged him to our shared bedroom. "We need to talk about last night," I told him.

"What's there to talk about? I got too emotional. We're friends for life. You're my sidekick. I get it. I already have my distraction, Andie," Damon shrugged casually.

"Damon, be serious, please. Last night's kiss meant something to me. And I know it did to you too. And we're right, we can't happen. The timing isn't right, for now, if we'll ever even happen. But I want to make sure we both truly understand why," I said.