Party at the Swimming Hole

Chapter Four

I woke up alone in bed. Tyler left a note saying he was going for a run. I looked at my phone next to see hundreds of text messages. Well, out of all of it I pieced together a bunch of things. Damon tried to kill Caroline after finding her after she killed someone, the guy Damon had compelled earlier. According to Stefan, Damon only stopped because Elena told him to. Stefan was currently jealous, says Damon, who was obviously right. I mean it didn't make sense to be jealous but he didn't like their bond and I get that.

Anyways then Bonnie tried to kill Damon. Of course Elena came to the rescue. Elena told me how Stefan took her to the ferris wheel last night and they kissed at the very top of the non-moving ride. Damon told me Jeremy came by to stake him and they had a bonding moment on their evil, vampire hating dads. And that was that.

Continuing to today. Matt has been asking me about Caroline who seems to be dodging him.And well next thing I know Elena, Ric, and Damon are going to Duke. I so badly wanted to go with them but Damon told me it was okay for me to sit this one out. That and they already left since I slept in and took to long to reply to Damon's message asking me if I was going to tag along.

"Thanks for leaving me behind. Shows what a best friend you are. Hope you enjoy yourself hitting on your brother's girlfriend all day," I texted Damon.

"Don't be jealous. I could be hitting on you. Or we could just skip to the making out," he replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Ew. Gag. I'll be making out with my boyfriend," I told him.

"You know, you being taken by Tyler doesn't make me feel better about Stefan and Elena."

"Too damn bad. Get yourself a girlfriend. I'm taken and I'm staying that way."

"Until he makes out with who next? He did your sister, he made out with your mom, who's left? Your friends next? Who's it gonna be? Caroline? Bonnie?" He retorted and I gaped at my phone. Did he really just say that?

"You're a dick."

"Sorry, just letting you know the chances. I mean come on, the guy's a total tool."

"And what are you saying? I could do better?"

"Yeah."

"With who?" I asked him.

"Anyone else!"

"Like who? You?"

"I mean I'm not into you like that...but I could make an exception."

"Oh shut up. You and I are never gonna happen it."

"Tell me about it. You're only into douches."

"Hey!" I replied.

"Bye, bye, now," he sent back and I rolled my eyes. Tyler walked into the room and I smiled at him, tossing my phone to the side. "You're up," Tyler smiled, walking towards me and pecking me on the lips.

"Yeah," I sighed out in content.

"Texting someone?" He asked.

"I was. It was just Damon."

"Oh," he muttered, looking around the room.

"Cut it out. We're just friends. And don't tell anyone but he likes Elena," I whispered, reaching for Ty's hand. I pulled him down on the bed and sat up, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I don't want anyone but you," I added.

"Are you sure?" Tyler asked.

"Positive," I grinned. "I've wanted you and only you all my life." He didn't say another word but instead pressed a long kiss to my lips. Yup, that's why I was taken. I was happy being with Tyler. I had complete faith in us. We were going to work this time around. We had to. I wanted us to. Tyler has been the guy of my dreams since I could remember. I wasn't gonna lose him anytime soon.