Chapter 1: A Storm is Coming

UNEDITED!!!!

(Play: Future by Red Velvet)

3 months before NDS and  SDM got married

Kim Hara

I finally landed in Korea. It been many years since I came back. I collected my baggage, which was just one big suitcase, and stepped out of the airport. As expected it was always cold during this time of the year, thankfully I came prepared. I took in a deep breath and like nostalgia, it hit me that Seoul still had the same air. The area looks really well developed throughout the years wasn't present so I could smell a little dust in the air as well. I made a mental note to buy masks later. 

I stood near the pick up area waiting for my car to arrive. I rented out a car for my short stay here since I had a list of places I needed to go to and Taxi just seemed too ineffective for my purpose. Finally my car arrived and I thanked the driver who dropped off my car. I offered to drive him back but he insisted that he could take at taxi back, so I let it go. With that, I stored my baggage in the trunk and got to driving. 

As I was driving to the hotel I booked, I took my time to look around. There were more skyscrapers than I remembered, I mentally noted. 

My name is Stella, but in Korea I'm reffered to as Kim Hara. I came back to Korea for business purposes and it was fortunate that I could visit a few friends while I'm at it. My friends recently moved to Korea about almost a year ago. Those smart idiots really ditched me and moved here. I laughed at the memory and continued driving. 

.... wait which way was the Hotel again?

I groaned and took out my phone, hoping that I haven't gone in the wrong direction. Lord google, please help me, I mentally prayed as I keyed in my destination in google maps while driving a bit slowly.

I went the wrong direction. 

I let out a groan and started to re route, following google this time. I passed by the Hangang Bridge on the way to my Hotel and the view was amazing. I wonder if that was what I thought when I last saw Han River. I thought to myself for a while before I focused back on the road. After a while I reached my destination.

I stopped at the entrance and a valet came to collect my keys. I got out the car and gave him my keys after getting my luggage out of the trunk. I proceeded to check in at the reception and followed the staff to my room. Meanwhile, I was checking on the address of Cheong Myeong company. They seemed to be located at SandBox. I think I caught a glimpse of SandBox when I was passing by Hangang Bridge.

Looks like I have to go there then. 

I had business at that company and since it was already late afternoon, I decided to just rest today. After reaching my room, I thanked the staff for her help and went in. I immediately placed everything away and prepared for a shower cause lord knows I need it. I was so jet lagged from the long travel I wanted to pass out already. 

Despite my tiredness, I took a quick shower and got out pretty quick, and laid back on my bed still in my bathrobe. My hair was tied in a turban with a towel so it should be fine for a while, I thought. The shower helped reduce my aching shoulders so I was pretty relaxed right now. I just stared at the ceiling and let my brain take over. 

I really hope the boys would be surprised once I visit them. 

I smiled slightly just imagining their reactions. The company had an investment plan which thankfully I took over and ended up here. I really never had any plans to come back yet but I was just curious how the boys are doing now that they were back. 

Just like that my train of thoughts grew and before I realised I was drifting off to sleep. 

Please be good to me Korea.

I prayed as I fell asleep.

================= 

Han Ji Pyeong

Congratulations.

I'm really happy for you.

Have a good life.

Bless you?

God it gets worse. How does one even wish their crush a happy life with another person?

Ex.

Ex crush.

I keep having to remind myself that, I sigh. I wonder when I can get over this feeling, they are getting married and I've made my peace with it, so why does it still hurt?

I arrived back at my home after my work and immediately went to get some wine, a weekly routine that I developed since I received the wedding invitation three months ago. I took my wine glass and stood near the window facing the Han River.

Yes, thats right I really thought I had everything. A Han River apartment, cool car, nice watch, I even have grandma on my side. But lately I have been craving for something. Someone to come home to, to share my day, to fight over simple things, someone to spend my time with. Sometimes I regret not making a move like Yeong Sil said, who knew maybe it would've been a home run?

I sighed and chuckled slightly at this thought, sipping my wine. 'Too late now', I thought to myself. Maybe whatever I'm feeling isn't regret but a need... a need for a family. This thought sacres me so I have been neglecting this for so long.

On the other hand, I'm really happy for them. I'm proud at how far they have come too. It wasn't easy but they did it, a unicorn company. Nam Do San, that man... That quirky man really did it. I'm glad they accepted my investment in the end regardless of everything. 

Finishing my wine, I set it down on the table and leaned on the window. Thinking of investment...

"Yeong Sil-ah, what's the weather tomorrow?" I asked as I needed to check in the Cheong Myeong company tomorrow.

"Reading your fortune for tomorrow- "

"Ahhhh.... I'm not even mad anymore" I shook my head smiling.

"- its a sunny day for you tomorrow, but it might just be the calm before a storm. However, the storm might not be as bad as looks, so keep a positive mind and hold tight!"

Storm huh...

Looks like my Team Manager gotta overwork with me tomorrow.

=========

A/N: hey this is just my fantasy so feel free to leave if you don't like it.

Butttt vote if you liked it and comment if you loved it ;)