Chapter 9: Right Noona?

UNEDITED

Kim Hara

"Can we have access to the facilities at the branch here for future projects?" Dal Mi-ssi and Director-nim asked at the same time. They look over at each other and smile in understanding. In Jae-ssi seems somewhat proud?, as she looked between Dal Mi-ssi and her materials. 

I nodded in agreement and further explained, "I will need to talk to the branch office after confirmation with headquarters but it should be possible to gain access in a long term". This was gonna cost me more calls with Alex and meetings with the director at the branch here but this is what I have to do for a fair trade. I really wanted to negotiate for high profits but Director-nim is very good and negotiations. I wont underestimate Dal Mi-ssi nor In Jae-ssi, they might be just start ups but they were really experienced. 

With that we ended the meeting and there was a knock on the door. A petite woman wearing glasses and had gray hair popped her head in. She looked around and once she spotted Director-nim, she smiled waving him over. 

"Han Director, can I talk you for a second if you're done?" She asked politely, looking around the room. Yoon Taepyonim. I saw her on the SandBox profile as the CEO and she's also the CEO of SH Venture Capital. Both Dal Mi-ssi and In Jae-ssi bowed their heads slightly and said their greetings, and I did the same. 

"Yoon Taepyonim, Anyeonghasayo! Of course I have time. The meeting is about over already." With that he stood up and collected his things before facing us, "Then everyone, excuse me, I'll leave first." He mentioned and left the room with Yoon Taepyonim. Shortly after we all relaxed and finalised everything we have discussed in the meeting. Once this was over, we were all collecting our stuff to prepare to leave. 

"You look a bit tired Hara-ssi.." Dal Mi-ssi pointed out with a knowing glance. I laughed slightly and tried to dismiss that idea. I was a bit worried how I would face Coffee-nim after the last time he dropped me off at my hotel, but it seems that Coffee-nim barely cared. Thankfully so, since now I can keep things a bit professional. 

"Hahaha, yeah a little. But you seem to have reliable directors on your side Seo Taepyonim", I mentioned, not wanting to seem as if I'm complaining. She nodded in agreement and finished packing. 

"Yeah, I'm grateful for it", she smiled. She seemed to want to explain more but stopped. I didn't bother as I was too tired to care at this point. I've been sleep deprived since I came to Korea due to the information leak and definitely was not in a mood. Why did I sign up for this anyway?, I thought to myself. We all left the meeting room together and spotted Han Director-nim and Yoon Taepyonim still talking. It seems they were having somewhat a semi-light conversation. 

"Do you think Yoon Taepyonim is asking Han Directornim to mentor again?" Dal Mi-ssi spoke up but to In Jae-ssi. They must be talking about the SandBox program that I heard from Alex and saw online. I found the whole program interesting though, they gave a chance to all startups to go crazy with their skills though its a competition, for investors and other companies, it's a free reign to buy and test skills.

"Yeah it seems like it. He was a pretty good mentor for you wasn't he?" In Jae-ssi replied, facing Dal Mi-ssi. Dal Mi-ssi's face twisted into a confused-frown and stared up at In Jae-ssi. 

"Unnie, you have no idea how I went through and how many times we but heads and finally reach a compromise", She stated in confidence. 

Unnie? They were siblings?

In Jae looked unconvinced and raised an eyebrow, "We are still in the office Dal Mi-ssi. Anyway, are you sure it wasn't the other way around? Plus I thought you said you were grateful just a few minutes ago?", she asked. Dal Mi-ssi looked like a puppy who lost, and pouted. She still agreed with In Jae-ssi on that count though. It was cute to see these sisters antics. I think I just find Korea cute in general. 

Or am I just not empathic enough? 

Nah, I'm pretty empathic.... yeah I can relate.

I shook off my inner turmoil when the three of us reached the elevator. While waiting for the elevator, Yoon Taepyonim and Han Directornim came over to us. Seems they finished off their conversation. We all had a little small talk where Yoon Taepyonim asked about Alex after hearing from Han Directornim about me. I told her that he was fine and what he was up to for now. Once the elevator reached, we all piled in and me and Yoon Taepyonim still had a little talk about the SandBox program. I think she was asking if 2STO had any intention of joining as a mentor this year too, but that decision was up to Alex. I told her that we'll see if there were any start ups that catches our eye. 

Towards the corner of my eye, I saw Dal Mi-ssi seeming to be a bit unfortable after my last comment on the program. Then I remembered how Do Sans team was all broken down after 2STO contracted with them. I let out a mental sigh and let it go, it was the past anyway. 

Once the elevator opened up we were all at the lobby. We all saw Do San and Yong San coming over to us with coffee on their hands. Chul San and Sa Ha-nim must've been on a date I mentally assumed. We all waited for them to reach us and greeted each other and Do San asked Dal Mi-ssi how the meeting was going, to which she replied 'fine'. Yoon Taepyonim chatted up with them for a few minutes before leaving for another appointment. 

"Noona, if you're not so busy you want to get some coffee?" Do San asked me. I was about to accept since I needed the caffeine boost in my system before I was interrupted. 

"You guys must be close since 2STO huh?", Han Directornim asked with a curious expression. Do San looked a bit confused at Han Directornim's question before shifting to a teasing expression. It looks like Coffee-nim here usually didn't involve himself with other people. Meanwhile In Jae-ssi got a phone call and excused herself, walking in the direction of her company. It seemed Do San was talking to Han Directornim but I tuned out because I noticed something very peculiar. Yong San was watching In Jae-ssi walk out and had this little smile on his face.

That little brat! Ha! Proud of you boy, you finally grew up. 

I let out a knowing smile at this revelation before I was shook out of my thoughts.

"Right Noona?" Do San was asking me. Huh? I looked around and saw Do San and Dal Mi-ssi with amusing expressions and Han Directornim with a confused expression while Yong San looked disinterested. I think coffee-nim is being fooled right now, judging by Do San's expression. I wanted to put coffee-nim out of his misery right now but I think a little prank wouldn't hurt. 

"Oh yeah. Of course", I agreed to whatever Do San said before, which I didn't listen to tho. I hope it wasn't anything stupid but I doubt Do San would do that. 

I think. I hope.

=========================

A/N: hey! Sorry for the late update I was thinking of what to write this whole time and are up with nothing so I just thought I might pick up and just write anyway lol. I was thinking of making a scene between HJP and SDM to just increase some tension?

I know the chapters are slow and all but I kinda like slow burn so I hope ya'll have the patience xD. 

Reminder to vote if you liked it and comment if you loved it ;) 

Share if you have the patience lol. Byeee~