Chapter 18: Last Night? What?

UNEDITED 

Han Ji Pyeong

I woke up with a ranging headache, looking around my surroundings since the last I remember, I was at my office working before I succumbed to alcohol for distraction. Again. I realised that I was currently lying on my bed with my shoes off and my tie loose. I lifted my body up, ignoring the pain and checked the time on my phone which was still in my pocket. It was still dark out so I think I thought it was still in the middle of the night but I was surprised to find out that it was already 5:30am. I shook my head and placed my phone down on my bed, getting off the bed slowly.

How did I get home though? 

Since I had to go to work in a few hours and I doubt this headache is going to fade away anytime soon, I went and took a shower first. After the shower, I walked over to the kitchen and started to make some food for breakfast. I was still thinking about how I got home since its a big block of nothing after I consumed some wine.

I sneaked out after I got the invitation, wishing the happy couple before I left, to my office. After that I just indulged in my work and before I realised it was already 6 pm and everyone clocked out after informing me. Dong Chan stayed for a while longer before he left too. I think I stopped working after 8 pm when my eyes landed on the wedding invitation I stored in my desk. I vaguely remember feeling subdued and taking out a wine bottle that I stored in my office recently. I didn't realise that the wine was so damn strong until I got all tipsy after a few drinks. I don't even remember when I got drunk. 

Shaking my head, I just assumed that I got home after hailing a taxi maybe, and went back to making some cereal. I cut up some banana into my cereal with some oats and a table spoon of peanut butter before I added milk to it. My go to breakfast when I'm just too tired like today. After finishing my breakfast, I still had a lot more time to get ready for the office so I went to sit lay down on my couch. Laying down, I just stared into nothing before my eyes caught site of some painkillers beside a bottle and a sticky note on the coffee table. My forehead creased in confusion. 

'What's your birthday?' 

What? I sat upright at that memory. It can't be who I think it was right? 

'You shouldn't throw away that plant.... - '

'.... get up and scold him!'

"No way... hahahaha... huh?" I said out loud. 

I didn't do that.... that cant be me...

I stood up at the recovered memory and just paced at my living room. I prayed to whoever was listening that I don't recall any of my memories of yesterday. I'd rather not face it. However it was like the universe heard my prayers and wanted to play me because the next hour was spent recalling all the bits that happened last night. In the end I just laid down on my couch staring at the ceiling, wishing the world would swallow me up anytime now. 

Do I have some kind of ballerina dream? Why do I keep twirling when I'm drunk? 

WHY DID I WANT TO SCOLD A GARBAGE CAN? 

I closed my eyes tightly and wished I could steer clear of those embarrassing moments. However, it wasn't lost to me that there was more than embarrassment last night, I opened up too much. I went in too close to her and in any other cases it could have been considered sexual harassment, drunk doesn't even begin to excuse my behaviour. I noted that I would have to apologise properly later to Kim Hara-ssi. 

I don't remember why she was there or how she found my apartment, and I shouldn't be this grumpy on the fact that she saw a side of me that I didn't want to show anyone, but I'm still thankful. I'm thankful that she didn't try to probe when I cried, and opened up. I'm pretty sure by now she would have known that I liked Dal Mi-ssi. I'm thankful that she didn't try and comfort me in anyway but just stayed there. The memory was hazy but I know I felt her sitting beside me not doing anything the whole time. 

If i recall correctly, I heard some sniffing and part of what she said, '....don't be hurt for too long'. I'm not sure if that's what she said exactly but that was the only thing I remember. I tried not to dwell on her words but I couldn't help it, they felt so sincere and raw. The only other person I felt that sincerity with was Halmoni. 

Ugh... if I was going to be drunk then why can't I just blackout!? 

*********

I was looking around for my bag and work files everywhere! I just can't seem to find them. I was pondering whether to call Kim Hara-ssi on their whereabouts thinking maybe she forgot them before I got a call from Do San. 

"Yeobusayo?", I said picking up the phone.

"Han Directornim, I got your bag with me", Do San said, his voice slightly groggy but still alive so early in the morning. 

"Ne?", I asked in confusion. What did he mean he got the bag? Was he there last night? I don't remember anyone other than Kim Hara-ssi being there last night though, I mentally thought.

"This morning Hara noona came by and asked to give this back to you since she wasn't able to last night", He replied. I froze in place, feeling my eyes widen. Various thoughts ran through my  head on what she might've said to him and honestly I have no idea what excuse I could give to anything. 

So I just calmly asked, "last night? What?", pretending that I didn't recall last night.

"Last night! Noona said your car broke down so you hitched a ride with her when she was going back home from dinner? Don't you remember?", He asked in a confused voice. 

"Ooohh hahaha last night I think I was too tired last night so I don't remember much hahah...", I laughed it off. I mentally sighed in relief that she didn't say anything. Though I feel a little guilty for suspecting her but honestly I didn't want Dal Mi-ssi or Do San-ssi to think much about my feelings when their wedding is so soon already. Dal Mi-ssi is already so conscious around me but I didn't want Do San to be like that too, it would be too overwhelming.

"Ah.. well anyway come down and get your stuff Han Directornim", he said in a sing song voice. 

"Here? You're at my apartment building?", I was surprised to know he drove the extra mile to reach my place today. 

"Wow Han Directornim you're just a question bank this morning aren't you?... I just thought I could give you your stuff and drop you off to SandBox since your car broke down... why? Should I just go back?", I could almost imagine his smirk while he's teasing me. 

"Ahahaha nono, thanks I'll be right down", I said laughing. We hung up soon after, I grabbed my keys and went down straight after not wanting to keep him waiting for too long. I mentally noted that I should call Kim Hara-ssi after I reach my office and apologise for my actions last night properly. 

=====================

A/N: *cries* our baby is such a gentleman T.T I tried to portray his gentleman side as much as I can this chapter but I don't know if I did a good job at that. 

Vote if you liked it 

Comment if you loved it

Share if you got the time ;)