Chapter 29: Totally Fixable

UNEDITED

>> Playlist: Would You Love Me by Stella Jang<<

K

im Hara

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit....

NO.

I DID NOT.

Yes I did....

NOOO WHHYYY

why Stella why make life harder for yourself!!!

I mentally whined and fell back onto the bed covering myself under the depths of my blanket hoping to any supernatural higher being out there that I get sucked into another dimension right now.

I knew I was going to beat myself up for this in the morning, I soooo knew it, but I did it anyway. I WASNT EVEN THAT DRUNK but I called him anyway!

After a while of letting the embarrassment settle in, I started staring at the ceiling trying to process this rationally and organizing my thoughts. From what I remember I can only remember bits..... Oh who am I kidding i remember most of my conversation. The thankful thing was I wasn't speaking unnecessarily.... Sort of?

Okay okay, this is fixable. Phew.

Completely fixable.

I just called him. He picked up. I teased him even though we aren't that close about how he didn't remember my voice despite meeting for only a few times almost over a month ago. He didnt say anything to that thankfully, but instead asked if I was alright which is understandable, I must've sounded crazy. I was answering him before I think he fell over something? And like the stupid creep that I was, I stayed on call the whole time and listened when that was my opportunity to leave but yeah no. And he picked up a few minutes later, trying to be polite and everything. Meanwhile my amazing IQ of a brain took the advantage to tease him about it subtly but I'm guessing he knew I was teasing, lord save my manners. He tried to explain, which btw I still remember to be so cute, okay gotta save that in permanent memory list. Finally I think even my brain fell for his puppy like antics, they switched to concert mode and finally asked the right question. He answered. And we said goodnight. That's that.

Totally fixable.

My ass!

I kicked my blanket like the child I am and after letting out part of my frustration I finally got up from the bed. I wanted to be frustrated a bit more but I had a meeting at 10am and its already 8am. Thanks to my jet lagged self, I needed more time to arrange my stuff for this meeting early on.

With that, I stored my frustration to the back of my mind and quickly got into the process of work mode. I quickly took a shower and dressed up in comfy clothes before starting to unpack the important dresses and files first. By 9am I'm fully dressed for work and read up on the files for the morning meeting before grabbing the keys and hailing a taxi to head to SandBox.

My schedule was somehwat free for today after the morning meeting. I needed to go back my place and start planning on how to tackle the information leak problem. I had a rough plan but I need an internal person to get into the details later. Alex did say he'll appoint a new employee that would help me with the investigation but that person would be arriving a few days later. So for now the plan is to lay low at SandBox and pick up some talent if I can.

I arrived at SandBox and got off after paying the bill. I still had time left before the meeting started, enough for a coffee pick up. With that, I headed towards the elevator. On the way, I saw a quite a few people gathered around. I kept it in mind to ask Yoon Taepyonim about this later, before getting on the elevator, pressing for the lobby.

The elevator opened up to the lobby and the interior always seems to take me to a different world itself. The lobby always gave me good vibes so this brought a smile to my face while I headed straight to the coffee area.

"Anngeonghaseyeo~ how can we help?", the cashier asked. I returned her greeting before choosing my order without thinking much.

"I think I'll take a latt-", I stopped myself halfway. I'm not sure when my usual suddenly changed but honestly I didnt really want to have him on my mind. I'm still a little embarrassed and I don't want to keep thinking about that during the meeting. "Sorry, I'll take the Ice Americano, thank you".

The cashier took my order without much question and after a short wait, I got the drink I wanted. I collected the drink and turned to walk over to the meeting area, when I saw somebody right behind me from the corner of my eye and moved just in time before we collided.

"Woahhh~ that was close, phew", I suddenly spoke put in English due to the shock. The person also seemed to move away a little thankfully. "I'm sorry for-", the words died in my mouth since I was facing someone I really didn't want to meet right now.

He also looked shocked since we were just standing there in silence. It was then that my phone rang and I realized that I needed to go to the church more of I didn't want to die of heart attack at a young age right now.

"Ah... You-", he started but I point at the phone call and somewhat directed that I had to take the call somewhere else than here. Without waiting for his reply, I bolted out of there and picked up the phone.

"Ah yeobusayeo, Kim Hara-ssi?", the person on the other side of the phone said. It was a voice I recognized easily.

"Ne, Yoon Taepyonim", god bless you Yoon Taepyonim! "I'm on the way to the meeting room, I'm sure we still have 10 more minutes till the meeting starts?", I asked balancing my bag and coffee and phone to check the time currently.

9:45am

"Yes we do hahaha don't worry, I just called to mention that we decided to change the meeting area to the 2nd floor Room 8 since the previous room had some technical issue", she explained.

I stopped in my tracks and took a few steps backwards and turned left to head to the elevator instead. "Oh yes sure, no problem, I'll be there in a few minutes, thank you". With that we hung up and I got on the elevator.

I turned around and pressed for the second floor and before the elevator door closed I locked eyes with Han Ji Pyeong-ssi. I couldn't decipher his expression but maybe I just didnt want to. At that moment I was just thankful that the elevator door closed.

================

A/N: my throat hurts with a the coughing and I'm still scared to sleep lol. Double update guys hope ya'll happy.

How was this chapter?

Time for homework guys!

Vote if you liked it

Comment if you....

Share if you can create some creative sentence to end this tq.

Follow cause I gave you two updates while I'm scared to suffacate to death ಥ⌣ಥ