Chapter 10: Fireworks

UNEDITED

Han Ji Pyeong

I was slightly curious between the relationship between Nam Do San-ssi and Kim Hara-ssi. Ever since Dal Mi-ssi told me they were friends since 2STO, I wondered if Dal Mi-ssi was never bothered by it. However, before I knew it the question rolled out my tongue. 

"You guys must be close since 2STO huh?" I asked. I mentally cursed myself for asking that but hoping Do San-ssi wouldn't find it weird I asked. When I faced him I knew it was hopeless, he looked at me confused. Although after that his expression changed into something unreadable and answered me. 

"Yeah! We're like super close! It was a surprise when I found out that she was somewhat my distant cousin actually", he said. I was a bit confused but he continued explaining, "apparently it was my grandfather's sister's husband's little sister's sister-in-law's second-cousin's daughter. Right Yong San-ah?" He then smiled and faced Yong San who agreed robotically, then turned to face Hara-ssi again. 

"Right noona?" He asked again. I was lost in that family relationship and it seems Hara-ssi was also lost since she didn't look focused. However, she still agreed to what Do San-ssi said. I mentally shook my head, tired of trying to figure out the relation here but I got the gist of it. They're cousins. Got it. No wonder Dal Mi-ssi didnt mind. With that I wanted to excuse myself to leave first since I still had work to do. 

"Oh Han Directornim, Hara-ssi, if you both are free want to join us for coffee?", Dal Mi-ssi asked the both of us. I looked over at Hara-ssi who looked like she was holding in her laugh and I don't know why but I knew she was thinking about our first encounter, cause so was I. Hara-ssi eventually agreed and everyone turned to face me, but before I got to reject the offer a phone rang. 

Hara-ssi excused herself and picked up the phone call. I wanted to answer in the meantime but I think the atmosphere got a bit tense when we saw Hara-ssi's expression turn grim. She still maintained her calm demeanour though, and we could hear her telling the other side that she was coming over soon. With that she hung up and rushed towards us. 

"Sorry guys, I'll get that coffee later. You guys enjoy!", she said and bid her goodbyes and she rushed out to the elevator that just opened up. After she disappeared, everyone thought it was a good idea to have coffee next time and we went our separate ways. 

************

It was almost clock out time but there was still much to do so I decided I would have to stay another hour. The Ko Gil Dong project was still on my mind lately since the last meeting, the company wont be making much profits if they continue like that so they were hosting an event for exposure purposes. It wasn't a bad idea but I need to remind the CEO that he needs a back up plan. Another thing on my mind was my earlier discussion with Yoon Taepyonim about the mentor ship program. 

"Directornim, did you look at the proposal I've sent to your email yesterday?", I looked up to find Dong Chan smiling innocently. My Dong Chan. My poor Dong Chan. In return I also mirrored his expression and his now seem to flatter knowing what I was going to say. 

"You mean the proposal with all the hope in the world but no plan?... Dong Chan ah~... When will you learn?", I told him crossing my arms over each other and staring at him. He sighed out and told me that he understood, but still stomped his way back to his seat. I shook my head at his antics and left it alone. It gets entertaining sometimes. 

Thinking of which, I wondered if Hara-ssi's problem was solved. Her expression was enough to tell me she doesn't like bad news but it seems she received some today. Dismissing the thought from my head and telling myself that she would be fine, I returned to my work. 

After 2 hours it was 8 pm and everyone seemed to clock out already. I was done with my work and too tired to do anymore so I settled up and packed my stuff to get back home. It wasn't until my stomach rumbled that I realised that I skipped dinner. I groaned out loud and made a mental note to buy ramen on the way home, and with that I left the office. 

I drove to the nearest convenience store and bought some ramen and kimbap in case I get more hungry and thought that I would just eat it at home later. I got back in my car and drive past the Hangang Bridge, enjoying the view while driving a bit slower. There were fireworks at SandBox today and the night sky was a bit clearer today. Maybe that's why I saw her standing there. 

I saw a familiar figure standing there with her hair tied up and holding a beer, facing the fireworks, with her back to me. I passed her and drove a bit further before I stopped at the side. I didn't move out the car at all, I just faced forward and thinking whether I should go to her or not. I turned to see the review mirror and she was still standing there watching the fireworks. The fireworks somehow reflected on her which made it look like a scene from the drama. I didn't want to intrude or be involved in something she probably doesn't want me to. 

So I stayed inside the car for the longest time, just enjoying the fireworks show and checking up on her safety from the review mirror. 

===============

A/N: yap 2 updates today! BTW who do you think he saw? In Jae? Dal Mi? Or Hara? 

Reminder to vote if you liked it, comment if you loved it, and share  if you got the patience lol ;)