Chapter 16: Coffee-nim's Home?

UNEDITED

Kim Hara

I think I forgot how to breathe for a second. It wasn't until I felt his body sag on mine that I broke out of my trance and finally sucked in a breath.

"I don't know if this is dangerous for me or for you", I muttered as I grabbed him by his arm and turned him around so it was easier to move. The elevator doors were almost closing so I had to quickly reach forward and press the button to open them again, but by doing so I had to lessen my grip on coffee-nim which led to him almost falling over. I was about to let out a gasp but stopped when I felt his arms go around my waist from the side and his head leaning on mine.

This man was literally side hugging me. 

Not wanting to wait any longer, I dragged him out the elevator. Since our height difference wasn't too much, it was easier to hang on to him while his was huggi- leaning on me. I tried not to focus on his breathing that was hitting my collarbone, and started looking around for my car. Two minutes was spent finding it when I finally struggled to get my bag from my other arm to get my car keys. I could have just sat him down somewhere but unconsciously I just preferred to just struggle in his grasp and get my belongings. 

After finding my keys, I clicked it on and off to search for my car sound and finally found it on the other lane. I dragged coffee-nim over to my car and settled him down on the passenger seat before going around and sitting in the drivers seat. That really felt like a workout because I felt the sweat at the back of my neck already. I switched on the car and turned up the air-con before turning to face the man sitting across from me. Letting out a breath, I tried to wake him up again because I needed his address to get to his home. I couldn't just bring him to my hotel, I doubt he would like the sound of that either.

"Han Directornim", I started. "Wake up! What's your address? I need to take you home", I asked while poking him and shaking him, just so he can hear me. 

"...mmm... home? Ah... don't have~..", he muttered out. I tried this a couple of times but all I got from him was 'regret', 'sail', and 'halmoniii~'. I finally gave up after a while and I laid back in my seat thinking how I'm supposed to solve this when my thoughts started to wonder off. I was thinking of how coffee-nim was better than the guys since if they had too much to drink they start puking out their guts, and dancing around. One time Do San started talking about hands didn't stop the whole ride back, it was a miracle I managed to not hit him to make him stop talking about his hand. I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that again after I go back to Silicon Valley tomorrow but I think I can visit sometimes. 

Sounds of a person muttering brought me back from my thoughts and I looked over to said person. Funnily I didn't mind that this man clearly overstepped my personal space just now or that he's being a baggage right now. I found this man comfortable to be around with. 

With that, I took out my phone and called Do San one more time hoping he would pick up to tell me coffee-nim's address. It rang for so long that I almost hung up and was about to text the other guys instead when he picked up. 

"Yeobusayo? Who is it?", a voice not belonging to Do San not Dal Mi spoke out. I had to move the phone away from my ear to recheck whether I called the right person. Once I checked that it was indeed Do San that I called, I answered the person. 

"Ah hello, this is Kim Hara, is this not Do San's phone?", I asked politely. 

"Yes this is Do San's phone. I'm his mother-in-law, may I know who is this?", she replied. My jaw dropped. The person right now is Dal Mi's mom which was weird because I thought everyone went home. 

"Oh Omonim! I'm really sorry to disturb you. I'm Do San's friend from Silicon Valley, Kim Hara", I introduced myself again, unconsciously bowing my head. 

"But your contact is written as noona- ah omonim why we should know these things!", She got interrupted by other voice who sounded much older than Dal Mi's mom, and they started muttering around while I kept quiet, feeling amused. "Hello?", she continued. 

"Ah yes, hello! Yes I'm very close with Do San that I see him as my dongseng (little brother) so we have a dongseng-noona relationship omonim", I said calmly, stressing the dongseng part. 

"I see... but may I ask why you called?"

"Actually omonim, I wanted to ask Do San if he knew Han Directonims address since he is drunk right now in his office but can't tell me. I need an address for the taxi so...", I asked, I left out the fact that he's in my car and I'm the dropping him off since I didn't want Dal Mi's mom misunderstand anything. I could hear shuffling from the other side of the phone and two woman muttering, but I continued, "so if it's okay can I speak to Do San?".

"You see, Do San and the boys are all here in our house but they are all really drunk and asleep", she said. No wonder no one was picking up their phone. They all went to Dal Mi's house and got drunk. I mentally sighed and faced coffee-nim who was fast asleep already, thinking about how to get him home when Omonim continued, "But I know Han Directornim's address if it's urgent". My eye's widened at this fact and I raised my fist in a hooray move like I won some type of lottery before answering her.

"Really? That would be great! Thank you so much Omonim!", I thanked her. 

"Yes but if it's okay can you accompany him to his place if he's really drunk? He's a family friend so we just want confirmation that he reached his place safely, if it is not too much trouble for you!", she asked politely. 

Looks like coffee-nim is close with Dal Mi's family huh. 

I tried not to ponder over that thought too much and replied that I would take good care of him until he reached his home before we hung up. After a few minutes I got a message through Do San's phone giving me his address. I thanked her once again and reassured her that I would accompany him before opening google maps and keying in the address. Before starting the car, I leaned over to coffee-nim's seat and pulled on his seatbelt to fasten it. I tried my best to ignore the way his proximity affected me right now and went back to my seat. Long journey ahead! 

======================

A/N: yo KH seems to start getting affected by our coffee-nim!!!! Do you think coffee-nim feels the same? Or does he still have remaining feelings for SDM?

Vote if you liked it 

Comment if you loved it

Share if you got the time ;)