Chapter 5: Being Petty

UNEDITED

Kim Hara

The room went silent for a minute at my slight shock towards coffee-nim. Mainting my poker face with a smile on, the only trait that showed my embarrassment was Mr closing my eyes wishing that my mouth worked slower than my brain.

While I was thinking if how to dissipate the awkward atmosphere, Coffee-nim seemed to solve it himself by letting out a stressed cough.

"Ahem.... Ah sorry my throat wasn't feeling right" he said, shifting towards us a little. He seemed to eye Seo Dal Mi-ssi a little because next thing I knew she was introducing us.

"Ah yes! Kim Hara-ssi, this is Han Ji Pyeong-directornim and Directornim this is Kim Hara-ssi from 2STO" she introduced. Coff- no- Han Ji Pyeong-ssi sat down in the middle on the table and bowed his head a little in greeting. I imitated the same in greeting. "But you guys seem to know each other?" Dal Mi-ssi commented.

Coffee-nim seemed to try and explain but it went in vain cause he was not really making any sense. Which I found too cute, I almost laughed but thankgoodness I held it in.

"We met yesterday at the sticky note area.... I'm not sure what you call it?" I replied, saving coffee-nim the trouble.

"The Dream Wall?" This time it was Seo In Mae who spoke up.

Topic change success!

"Yes that one! Is that what its called? It seemed really interesting so had a look at it and bumped into Co-ani Directornim here" I said, hoping they won't question it further.

"I see... But why do you call him Coffee-nim" Seo Dal Mi-ssi questioned.

These Seo sisters are one good team I tell you, I mentally noted to myself.

I smiled and answered, "cause I spilled a little coffee when I bumped into him but after that I got busy and didnt even get his name".

They seemed satisfied with this answer. It wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't the truth either. I just like to keep events to myself I guess. After the topic was over, we got into work mode. Han Ji Pyeong Director nim gave a small smile and went over the contract with concentration. Seo Dal Mi-ssi and Seo In Jae-ssi filled in any blanks or questions he had.

"Hmm the contract seems okay but may I ask why would 2STO want to invest 5 million on a start up project which is just starting to take off?" He questioned me.

"As discussed before, we believe the value of this project is quite high and we're considering that 5 million is enough of an investment for a time period of 5 years don't you think?" I replied.

"You're telling me that this isn't a strategic investment?" He raised a brow. "2STO investing 5 million in one go with extra R&D care can be beneficial yes but in the contract you failed to mention any support towards the Cheong Myeong Companies vision." He stated in a monotone voice and continued, "this is no different from acquiring the company in my eyes".

I can't disagree. Alex probably thought instead of acquiring we could 'borrow' their skill sets and have a win win situation for both is us. But I'm sure the other directors from 2STO have a different opinion about this.

Everything he said was right but it just didnt match up to me and it got me a little frustrated. So we went ahead back and forth about the pros ans cons and what ga be changed and all. He suggested a decrease in investment in the middle and I personally thought he was crazy at that moment. If they take 5 million as it is right now, they could become a unicorn company with the amount of investment chains that come in after.