Unfair

Apparently, the one day of sun was all that nature was willing to give London, because the next day was gray and stormy. Tonks, who had stayed up nearly all night doing work, was sleeping on the couch, with blankets piled on top of her.

"Sheesh, will she wake up soon?" asked Sirius. He looked at his sleeping cousin. "Someone ought to check to see if she's really alive."

As if Tonks herself had heard him, she rolled over and yanked one of the blankets farther over her head. "Five more minutes," she groaned.

"Tonks, you've been asleep for most of the day! It's already past lunch!" Remus gently pulled the blanket off of her head.

"It is?" asked Tonks, suddenly wide awake. "How could you guys let me miss work!" Tonks sat up straight.

"You were so tired," said Remus, shrugging. "We wanted to let you sleep."

"Oh that's nice. Now don't do that ever again!" Tonks appeared to be freaking out at the thought of missing work.

Mad-Eye stumped through the living room on his way to the kitchen. "Work wasn't mandatory today, Nymphadora. It was optional. You're gonna make it." Rolling his eyes, the old Auror limped down the stairs. "Hey Molly, what've you got for me? I'm half starved."

"See? It's alright." Remus patted Tonks on the head. "Remember, tonight the Weasley children come, and that's going to take a lot out of everyone. I really think you're going to like Ginny."

"Remind me again why Arthur and the kids couldn't come with Molly," said Tonks.

"Because, Molly was only here to make sure that everything was ready for her precious horde of wild dogs," said Sirius. "She didn't want any of them to suddenly perish because of any trap doors, and she's still not completely sure that the house is safe. But so what if a little brat falls down into a bottomless pit. At least there'll still be, hmm, let's see..." Sirius counted on his fingers and then recounted. "About six," he concluded, "To enjoy for future occasions. Frankly, I don't care about what happens to her kids. Kids are annoying, anyway." Sirius had a look of utter dislike on his face while he said all this.

"But Sirius," Remus said sweetly. "Aren't you looking forward to seeing Harry?"

"He's coming with them?" asked Sirius, looking ecstatic.

"No, the Granger girl is," said Remus. "Hermione."

"Oh," Sirius looked crestfallen and resentful of Hermione. "Will I get to see Harry at all?"

"I don't get it," said Tonks, who had been following this conversation with confusion. "Why is Harry so special to you, Sirius?"

"He's my godson," said Sirius. "And if I wasn't running from the Ministry for my life, then he would be living with me." Sirius aimlessly kicked at the carpet. "Oh, how I hate those terrible Ministry people!"

"Ahem!" Tonks folded her arms.

"Except for Tonks and Mad-Eye," finished Sirius. "But even then, Tonks is only okay..."

Tonks punched her cousin, sending him flying off of the couch and crashing onto the rug. "Take it back!" cried Tonks. "I'm the best cousin you've ever had!"

"Second cousin," corrected Sirius. "And you're the only second cousin that I've ever had. There's not much competition for you to go up against. You are officially the worst second cousin I've ever had." Sirius reached up, and pulled Tonks off of the couch, pinning her under him.

Tonks punched him in the stomach.

"Ow," said Sirius, with all the wind knocked out of him. "You win."