Go!

Above: Probably how Tonks feels.

Tonks was peacefully sitting on her bed, enjoying life, when Remus burst in. "TONKS?"

"Whaaaat?" Tonks held the 'a' and slid off the bed.

"Do you know anything about THIS?" Remus held up a white shirt... with muddy paw prints all over it.

"No, I don't." Tonks flipped upside down, hooking her legs over the side of the bed. "It looks like Sneakers's doing."

"Exactly! And that's the fifth shirt of mine that dog has messed up!"

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? But I can't watch Sneakers all the time, and she's just a puppy! Do you really want to ruin our relationship over, what, a dog?" Tonks pulled herself right-side up and gave Remus her most angelic look. Sneakers has been attacking his clothes lately. I feel kind of bad.

Remus took a deep breath. "You know, you're right. It isn't worth it. I suppose I can tolerate Sneakers for a little while longer."

Tonks threw her arms around Remus. "Thank you!"

"Don't mention it," sighed Remus.

"What's wrong?" asked Tonks.

"Tonight's my transformation."

"Oh..." Tonks felt her heart ache for Remus. "I wish you didn't have to go through this."

"Me too." Remus stared at his hands.  Tonks hugged him tighter. Look how much pain I'm causing her. She deserves better than me. She really does. But when Remus looked down and into Tonks's eyes, he felt that he would never be able to tell her that they couldn't be together. He would never be able to break her heart.

"What's wrong?" asked Tonks.

"It's my transformation, I just told you."

"No, this feels different."

"I-it's nothing." Remus turned away.

"Remus John Lupin, I don't believe you!" Tonks scowled darkly.

"Fine!" Remus spun around, his face contorted in anger. "We can't be with each other!"

"Wh-what?" Tonks looked like Remus had smacked her in the face. "Why?"

"We just can't!" Remus got up, and walked to the open door, glaring at Tonks.

"Oh, It's your insecurities, right?" Tonks got up too, and placed her hands on her hips. "You're just a poor werewolf, huh?"

"No!" Remus folded his arms. "This is for the best."

"No it isn't!" Tonks shouted. "You're so... so... selfish! Selfish enough that you'd rather DIE than admit that you love me!"

"I never said that!"

"Yeah, you did. You wanted to run away to the werewolf hideout, tail tucked between your legs, just because you think you're too old,  too poor, not good enough!"

"What do you mean?" That was an Order mission! Who would purposely endanger their life?"

"You, that's who!" Tonks's eyes were filled with angry tears, but she didn't care. "You're such an IDIOT!" She slammed the door in Remus's face."

"Fine!"  yelled Remus through the door. "Fine. Be that way. See if I care." Remus stalked down the hall, shoving a concerned Sirius aside and strode to the front door. He opened it, and angrily banged it shut so hard that Sirius's mother screamed that she might fall off the wall.

Sirius ventured down the hall to Tonks's room and knocked on the door. "Uh, Tonks, you didn't mean any of that, did you?"

"Yes? No?" Tonks took a shaky breath and slid down the wall, eventually resting her head on her knees. "No, you're right. I didn't. It's just... he thinks he can survive alone, that he's too dangerous for everyone. It's sad."

"I think you just made it worse by yelling that to his face." Sirius leaned against the door.

"You just don't get it, do you? He's going to  put his life in danger, jump off a bridge or something. Ask Dumbledore for another stupid mission." Tonks wiped her eyes. "I hate that he does that."

"It's like that song," said Sirius. "I hate you I hate you I hate you, but I was just kidding myself."

"Now is not the time for a concert, Sirius." Tonks stared up at the ceiling. "I miss him already."

"Well, I think he misses you too. Anyway, you'll see him tonight."

"I will?"

"Yup. At the order meeting. You can apologize to him then."

"Okay," said Tonks. She stood up. "When is it?"

"Two hours," said Sirius. 

Tonks flopped onto her bed and picked up her book again. I can wait that long, she told herself.

When the meeting finally arrived, Tonks trotted downstairs. Remus, Mad-Eye, and Sirius were already there, waiting for the other Order members to arrive. Remus avoided eye contact with Tonks. Her heart sank. He didn't miss her.

When the rest of the members were seated around the table, Mad-Eye listed off pairings. "Mundungus and Emmeline. Arthur and Kingsley. Tonks and Remus-"

"Um, Mad-Eye, maybe I could have a different partner?" suggested Remus.

"No," said Mad-Eye, narrowing his eyes. "Tonks and Remus."

When the time came for them to embark, Tonks and Remus awkwardly set off. 

They hid behind some bushes and waited. There was something nagging at Tonks's mind, but she couldn't quite remember. Suddenly, she gasped.

"Remus!"

"Oh, now you want to talk." Remus turned away from her. Tonks tugged on his sleeve urgently. 

"Remus... listen to me."

"No! I'm done listening to you. Leave me alone! Go away!"

"There's nowhere to go." Tonks looked around.

"That bush." Remus pointed. "You hide in there."

"No," said Tonks. "Listen, Remus. Yo-"

Remus covered his ears. Tonks kicked him.

"Ow!" yelled Remus, raising his hand to knock the sense out of Tonks.

"Tonight'syourtransformation!" screamed Tonks in a rush.

Remus swung his hand, but Tonks ducked, and waited for the realization of her words to sink in.

"You're right!" gasped Remus. "It is! Tonks, run!"

"But will you be okay?" asked Tonks.

"I'll be fine! Go!"