Meet Tonks

Tonks, who had decided that it was probably safer to sit on the couch so she wouldn't get knocked over and trampled, looked out of the living room into the hall. Remus stood on the top steps of the kitchen stairs.

"Hello, dears!" Mrs. Weasley, panting and breathless, opened the door. She patted her hair down, which was sticking out in all directions.

Four red-haired children were standing in the doorway, peeking into the house. A brown-haired girl stood next to them.

"There are quite a lot of them, aren't there?" Tonks whispered to Remus from across the hall.

"More than I remember," Remus said under his breath.

A cat was sitting on top of the brown-haired girl's head.

"And a cat too?" Tonks sounded outraged. "Five kids to take care of, soon to be six, and a cat?"

"I'm just as shocked as you are." Remus ran his hand through his hair, thinking of all the trouble five kids and a cat could get into.

Sirius was staring over the banister with dismay at all these guests in his home.

"Hi, mum!" the little red-haired girl embraced Mrs. Weasley.

Author's note: I'm not British, so obviously I don't use the word 'mum' a lot, I usually use 'mom', because I live in California. So, if I swap it out with 'mom', please don't tell me I made a grammar mistake, because I didn't :) Enjoy the book!

"Hello, Ginny." Mrs. Weasley weakly hugged her daughter. "It's so nice to see you." As if jerked out of a trance, Mrs. Weasley snapped back to action. "Come on in, the rest of you, don't just stand there! Get in, out of the cold!" Mrs. Weasley shepherded her children plus the brown-haired girl. "Remus, Tonks, come meet the children! Sirius, you get down here too!"

Tonks shyly went out into the hall. Remus, suddenly feeling self-conscious, wondered if he could hide in the kitchen without making an appearance.

"Remus, Sirius!" Mrs. Weasley called again.

Sirius came stomping back down the stairs, and Remus came out to meet everyone too.

Mrs. Weasley pointed to all the kids one at a time. "There's Hermione, that one's Ginny, That's Fred-"

"Mum, I'm George."

"Oh, sorry dear, George-"

"No, I'm actually Fred."

"Fred or George," sighed Mrs. Weasley. "This is the other Fred-or-George, and that is Ronald."

"Ron," said Ronald.

Mrs. Weasley gave Remus, Tonks, and Sirius 'well-introduce-yourselves-you-big-idiots' looks.

Tonks seemed tongue-tied, as she always was around new people, and Sirius looked like he was going to murder all of the kids for not being Harry, so Remus spoke up. "That's Tonks, and you already know me and Sirius."

An awkward silence filled the room, in which Sirius stomped back up the stairs, and they heard a door slam. Tonks quietly shuffled back into the living room, hoping that no one would notice.

"Remus, be a dear and show them around while I prepare the rest of the soup," said Mrs. Weasley, heading back down into the kitchen.

"Oh, alright," said Remus. "Come on." As he led the kids into the livbaing room, Remus scanned the gloomy setting for Tonks. She was nowhere to be found.

The light dimmed as clouds passed in front of the sun, indicating that the rain would start again. Remus turned on a lamp, which bathed the room in its cheery glow.